PRINCIPAL CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR Job in Jizan, Saudi Arabia at Parsons International Limited
1. Principal Objective:Participates in post-award contract administration functions including fulfilling and meeting contract requirements, negotiations and contract administration. Supports and advises the Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM), Section Managers, and the Director of Construction in all legal matters and Royal Commission contractual matters to meet contractual compliance.2. Organizational Relationship:Reports to the SRCM and provides support to the Senior Resident Construction Engineers in all contractual matters. Interfaces with SAPL and Royal Commission Construction Managers, and occasionally Royal Commission Senior Management in supporting legal and contractual positions and negotiates directly with senior Contractor personnel.3. Major Activities Performed:
- Maintains a legal and contractual liaison between the RC, Contractor and SAPL Management.
- Manages contract administration functions on post award and provide consultation on contractual obligations.
- Works on preparation of Request for Proposal, verification of accuracy of bid packages.
- Assist in processing claims, back charges, and invoices.
- Supports authorized Representative in preparation and negotiations of contract modifications.
- Coordinates with Senior Resident Construction Manager and Resident Construction Engineers relating to field administration of contracts.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Letters of Instructions (LOIs), Contract Change Orders / Modifications, Insurance Documents, Sub-Contractor Approval packages, Certificate of Final Acceptance (COFA), and other legal or contractual packages as needed.
- Prepares and negotiates cost impacts and schedule changes with Contractor for contract Change Orders / Modifications as a member of the Construction Negotiation Team
- Prepares contract initial and final acceptance, certificates of maintenance and coordinates contract closeout.
- Communicate with AE contractor on all contractual and administrative issues.
- Perform periodic performance evaluation of all AE contractors.
- Prepares and maintains records of activity and status of contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Reviews and assists in resolving and processing claims, back charges, invoices
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Contract Administrator Supervisor.
4. Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Science, Law Degree or related field from a western recognized university.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in contract administration, contract award, negotiation, or legal affairs. Mideast Experience is a plus.
- Exposure/ familiarity with FIDIC contracts
- Must be fluent in English and effectively communicate in both spoken and written skills regarding contract issues.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Job Location
- Jizan, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Engineering, Construction Management, Science, Law Degree or related field
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Jizan, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy