Practice Nurse Jobs in Dubai – UAE at The Emirates Group
Title: Practice Nurse
Company: The Emirates Group
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Healthcare, Nursing
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of a high standard of basic primary care and practice nursing services to eligible staff members and their dependents. The focus of this role is on screening activities and health prevention whilst working collaboratively within the multi- disciplinary team to ensure the needs of the service are met.
– Promote health to client group through education when required. Provide health information leaflets and advise staff and families of health risks in travelling to certain countries and recognise patients who may need referral to more senior nursing staff or to medical staff.
– Ensure accurate and timely recording of all test results in to the medical information system prior to the patient seeing the doctor and alert the doctor of any irregularities in the tests performed.
– Ensure all crew and staff are up to date with relevant vaccinations as per Medical services protocol. Plan individual vaccination schedules, administer medication with consent and discuss side effects and reasons why vaccinations are required. Interprets immunology results when appropriate in planning vaccination schedules and requirements for eligible patients.
– Recommend and order designated blood tests to ascertain immunity status, advise patient on result and next course of action.
– Independently run basic primary clinics which may include but are not limited to Vaccinations, Ante Natal Screening, Dressings, Travel advice, basic observations and assessment.
– Provide and prepare surgical equipment for the doctor prior to minor surgeries, according to clinic guidelines. Assist doctors in minor surgery.
– Monitor and maintain stock of health education leaflets for use by doctors and nurses as well as consumables and sterile instruments in all examination rooms, to ensure adequate supply. Order stock as required in order to facilitate the smooth running of both nursing and medical services.
– Act as first point of contact with external medical suppliers to ensure best quality stocks of consumables are procured in advance through Nurse Manager.
– Continuously assess risk and ensure appropriate measures are taken within the practice to minimise risk by monitoring work areas and ensures they are Hazard free. Practice Infection Control principles in every day practice.
SPECIFIC TO PRACTICE NURSE in Emirates Group Headquarters / Occupational Health/ Emirates Flight Training Academy
– Conduct all relevant screening tests required for pilots and licensed aircraft engineers in accordance with GCAA guidelines and recommendations and as per Medical Services protocols. These tests will include ECG, Audiometry, Vision Testing, Urine Drug Screening, Blood Pressure, Spirometer and BMI.
Qualifications& Experience Medical/Safety Nurse :
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Degree in Nursing Medical/Safety Nurse 4+ years Knowledge/Skills – Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing – Eligible for licensing as a Registered Nurse with Dubai Health Authority (DHA) – Registered Nurse – Experience in Primary Care/Aviation Medicine /Paediatrics setting is an advantage – Fluent in English written and verbal communication
-Ability towork independently with minimal supervision
-Ability tolearn and develop competency in Primary Care Practice Nursing and Aviation Medicine Safety Sensitive Role :
No Leadership Role :
No Salary & Benefits Join us in Dubai and enj…