PHARMACIST Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews written prescriptions for drug interaction as well as to determine the ingredients needed and to assure that over dosage is avoided or that toxic compounds will not result from combining ingredients.
- Supervises Pharmacy Technician while preparing the pharmaceutical compounding.
- Fills and/or checks of unit-dose cart and floor stock orders.
- Calculates intravenous admixture and hyper-alimentation orders by Physicians.
- Fills prescriptions from bulk stock.
- Explains directions for prescriptions dispensed to patients.
- Maintains records on all prescriptions filled for in-patient and out-patient use.
- Maintains control records on narcotics, poisons and habit forming drugs as required by MOD and Kingdom regulations.
- Prepares and types prescriptions labels.
- Maintains inventory of pharmaceuticals and supplies, storing under proper conditions or refrigeration and security.
- Provides information to Physicians and other staff members on availability of new drugs, warnings on currently marked drugs, incompatibility of certain and other pharmaceuticals.
- Participates in Quality educational programs.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Participate in the improvement of quality in the hospital (Quality Management Program).
- Job Location
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Public Administration
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Public Administration