Nutritionist, FTA-NOB, (El Obeid and Kassala) Job in El Obeid, Sudan at World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide support to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Nutritionist (NOB) at the Area Office, under the Head of Programme at the Area Office, will be responsible for the following:
1. Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
2. Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities, ensuring a co-ordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Develop and co-ordinate data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
4. Track and analyse data to provide input into reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
6. Support the identification of potential partners and partnership negotiations to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach to meeting nutrition needs.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs for example the production and review of training materials.
8. Guide more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
10. Any other duties as may be assigned.
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: El Obeid, Sudan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization