Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager Job in Amman, Jordan at SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL
Within the Syria mission and under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the Mission MEAL Manager supports the MEAL Coordinator to ensure that the MEAL strategy of the mission is implemented by the mission staff. He/she:
- Contributes to the centralization and harmonization of MEAL tools and processes on the mission
- Provides methodological support to all program teams on technical questions linked to MEAL and cross-cutting issues such as design of M&E plan, quantitative and qualitative data collection, measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis, etc.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, looks over the quality and relevance of internal monitoring and evaluation activities, recommendations, and analysis produced by his/her department (studies, maps…)
- Provides support training of program teams within his/her fields of expertise
- Contributes to institutional knowledge building and improvement of MEAL methods and techniques
- Participate in developing a sector-based strategy (M&E, accountability, gender, do no harm) in accordance with SI’s policies and priorities for the intervention country
- Participate in programming work.
Training and technical support:
- Develop program teams’ capacities in the department’s field of expertise: data collection and analysis (method, format, software, etc.), a measure of indicators, complaint response mechanism, do no harm analysis, etc. Develop training modules along with MEAL Coordinator.
- Provide program teams with technical and methodological support for M&E activities, data management (questionnaire design, sampling, data entry, extraction of useful data and interpretation), and integration of cross-cutting issues.
- Support program teams in creating or adapting tools for indicators monitoring, impact monitoring (M&E plan and survey tools), or risk analysis.
Monitoring and Evaluation of SI programs:
- Contribute to the elaboration, review, and harmonization of M&E tools, data management, especially in M&E Plans.
- Check the relevance of reports, analyses, maps, and recommendations produced.
- Propose adjustments, new activities to improve the quality of the operations or approaches, in consultation with PMs and program / technical coordinators.
- Upon ad hoc request from the program / technical coordinator, perform advanced analysis.
- Contribute to terms of references for external evaluations and studies.
- Support the design and rollout of complaints response mechanisms.
- Check that the key principles of the mechanism are respected.
- Produce regular analysis of the complaints and feedback received.
Institutional Knowledge Building (IKB):
- Build on institutional knowledge on M&E activities and missions’ results (lessons learned and recommendations) and make sure these are known by PMs.
- Support recommendation tracking process and work on action plans.
- Use SI’s IKB tools to document MEAL tools and methodologies/approaches.
- Produce a detailed handover report in the approved SI format at the end of the employment.
HR management/Capacity Development:
- Make sure that new staff is briefed on MEAL’s roles and responsibilities.
- Participate in the evaluation and in the assessment of the performance of collaborators under his/her supervision
- Identify training needs
Reporting / communication / representation:
- Participate in writing project proposals and reports’ paragraphs on crosscutting issues and MEAL.
- Make sure the right formats and delays are respected.
- Represent SI when asked and/or delegated to do so.
- Upon request, develop articles, case studies, and success stories.
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: NWS Field Coordinator
Functional report(s): Deputy MEAL Manager, MEAL officers, DataBase Officer
- Diploma (Bachelor or Master) in development studies, social sciences, Information Management or other relevant fields + 4 years of experience in the same areas including 1 year in a similar position with an I/NGO with either team management or advisory role.
- If no diploma or lower diploma in these areas equivalent and 5 to 7 years progressive experiences in MEAL management including 1 year in a similar position with an I/NGO with either team management or advisory role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic
• Excellent coordination skills, and enthusiasm for working with a multicultural team
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capacity, with a collaborative approach to work
• Practical knowledge of the KOBO toolbox, including questionnaire design in MS Excel.
• Past experience in project management and implementation, as well as monitoring and reporting.
• Past experience in professional development, including capacity building and training.
• Ability to travel for field visits (Gaziantep, Kilis)
• Strong ability to use all Microsoft Office programs
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work to deadlines efficiently
• Strong leadership skills and sense of initiative
NOTE: It is possible that the shortlist will be prepared before the set deadline. Therefore, please avoid waiting until the end of the post’s deadline to submit your application.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4 Max: 8
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL
Company Location: Amman, Jordan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization