MEP QA/QC Engineer Jobs in Dubai at Consortium of Universal Builders & Entrepreneurs LLC
Title: MEP QA/QC Engineer
Company: Consortium of Universal Builders & Entrepreneurs LLC
MEP QA/QC Engineer For contracting Firm Based in MUSCAT, OMAN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The QA/QC Engineer provides Quality Systems support using the ISO 9001 Standard as the basis for process development and optimization, procedure development, data collection and reporting and Quality Systems training. Interfacing at senior and executive levels with regard to ISO 9001 process improvement and reengineering.
· Demonstrates and proven experience in respect of relevant international standards for QA/QC procedures.
· Always ensure full compliance with the company QA/QC procedures.
· Assures accurate and representative audit report is prepared and issued, including need for corrective action and schedule appropriate audit results.
· Regularly interacts with representatives from a variety of functional groups, including program management, design / engineering, purchasing, construction and other personnel.
· Plans, directs and performs QA/QC audits of internal and external organizations.
· Prepares QA/QC manuals, plans and/or procedures and coordinates their review.
· Provides support to management as directed for quality activities related to internal or external organizations.
· Responsibilities will include QA/QC monitoring of site supervision projects as well.
· Participates in Client pre-bid, bid or contract planning and preparation.
· Plans and executes required audit activities (schedules, plans, reports, finding resolutions, etc.).
· Performs and adequately documents Internal Quality Audits of assigned office, projects and jobsites, and manages all related follow-up activities.
· Audits conducted to assure compliance with the company standards, contract requirements, and applicable codes, specifications and drawings, including but not limited to: Design, Engineering, Estimating, Procurement, Project Controls, Vendor / Subcontractor Management, Receiving, Handling & Storage, Construction.
· Facilitates all internal and external Quality audits and brief management with the results.
· Effectively documents, follows-up and closes corrective actions – both internal and external.
· Analyzes findings / issues / non-conformances identified during audits to determine program quality and identify performance trends.
· Analysis includes all available oversight results, both internal and external, and trending data.
· Handles qualification audits of suppliers of purchased items and services.
· Assures audited activities meet Parsons’ quality program, and Client quality requirements. Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
· Promotes safety awareness including adhering to safety rules and requirements. Participates, as needed, in safety field audits and assessments. Verifies that Parsons and customers’ quality requirements are in compliance with quality standards and quality program requirements for products and services provided.
· Collaborates in development and maintenance of Quality Policy, Processes, Procedures and related documents.
· Reviews Quality Manuals, documents, and implementation procedures to verify compliance with industry codes and standards, regulations and regulatory commitments.
· Reviews from a quality perspective (and approves if required) documents prepared by internal or external organizations such as quality manuals and procedures, technical deliverables, test plans and procedures, purchase orders, and subcontracts.
· Collaborates with management for interface on Quality activities with internal or external organizations (customers, suppliers, subcontractors, and others). Performs advanced statistical process control.
· Provides leadership, guidance, and training to lower level Quality personnel and monitors their performance.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
· 10 years’ experience in the fields of QA/QC in contracting companies with in Gulf for the execution of MEP services
· Must have knowledge of industry quality systems and standards, QA/QC work practices, processes and current technology.
· Proficient in the use of computers and software packages related to field.
· Requires knowledge of Quality Management practices, processes and current technology.
· Requires experience with quality management systems and standards specified by ISO 9001.
· Requires the ability to communicate clearly, conduct presentations to management, and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
· Ability to analyze situations in business terms, i.e. ROI, cost per unit, etc.
· Very good interpersonal skills to work with other departments in a tactful and effective manner.
· Very good written and verbal communication, analytical, problem solving, and risk assessment skills. Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Visio.
· Project Planning skills are essential.
· Very good attention to detail.
· Candidate must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Dubai: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)