Medical Underwriter Job in Dubai, UAE at Bupa Global
The Medical Underwriter will join our team based in Dubai. The purpose of the role is to manage customer underwriting and medical non-disclosure cases within cost and compliance boundaries. Identify issues that affect the customer experience and any cost or risk exposure.
There will be two key elements to the role:
- Make decisions on Underwriting using clinical and medical risk knowledge, and resolving all underwriting queries to the customer’s complete satisfaction, and
- Ensure all referrals for medical non-disclosure receive an appropriate level of scrutiny.
- End to end ownership for the resolution of all customer underwriting and medical non disclosure cases. Case manage all cases through to resolution.
- Understand and assess the medical risks associated with medical conditions and the range of potential treatments and their costs.
- Ensure that all new applications for membership are underwritten in a consistent and timely manner and that they are processed within the agreed Service Level.
- Use medical risk assessment techniques and knowledge to make decisions on the level of potential medical risk.
- Balance customer needs with commercial considerations as a core part of the underwriting decision making.
- Act as an expert point of reference to other areas of the business and Bupa Global in relation to underwriting and medical non disclosure.
- Pro-actively contact medical/health practitioners, members, providers, partners and intermediaries in the most appropriate way in order to gain sufficient information to make a decision.
- Accurately maintain and update customer records on the customer management system. Ensure that records are accurately updated whenever a customer makes contact.
- Record full and robust case investigation information and decision-making rationale and adhere to defined referral, escalation and decision-making standards.
- Comply with all regulatory and governance requirements for the region DHA and HAAD
- Achieve all targets for contact handling, turnaround times and quality
- Participate in regular 121s and team meetings with your Manager.
- Support new team members and act as a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by challenging existing process and contributing ideas for improvement.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Bupa Global products, policies and systems, and keep up to date with any policy changes that have an effect on medical risk.
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Insurance & TPA
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Customer Service and Call Center
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2 Max: 8
- Residence Location
- United Arab Emirates
Company: Bupa Global
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: Insurance & TPA