Mechanical Technician – NMES, KSA Job in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia at NOMAC
The primary responsibility of the Mechanic – Steam and Gas – is to safely accomplish the installation, maintenance and repair of the heavy rotating machinery used mainly in power generation applications. Turbine Mechanics work closely with Supervisors, EHS personnel, and the Operations Department to achieve these goals.
- Read blueprints, schematic drawings and technical documentation to determine proper work procedures.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings in industrial establishments.
- Dismantle and assemble machinery and equipment using a variety of hand, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on power tools, hand tools and training equipment.
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, cranes, chain falls and trucks.
- Align machinery and equipment using hoists, squares, rules, micrometers, plumb bobs, dial indicators and/or laser alignment equipment.
- Perform machining and welding operations for making various parts for lab and shop training equipment
- Perform material and machine inspections using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, rules, calipers, protractors, and torque wrenches.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving all major pieces for T&DC, plus all shipping, receiving, inventory, and control of tools, equipment and supplies
- Determine equipment specifications and prepare parts lists for purchasing, consisting of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic devices as needed to complete assigned projects.
- Load, transport, and unload materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment
Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Degree or associate degree in Technical Field, Gas Turbine Systems Technician preferred
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience maintaining, dismantling, and installing machinery and industrial service equipment including various pumps, motors, fans, generators, and turbines.
- Must have experience performing equipment alignments using either laser or traditional methods.
- Must have Driver’s License
- Must possess minimum required hand tools.
- Job Location
- Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Technical Maintenance & Repair
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
Company Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Technical Maintenance & Repair