Math Instructor – LNA in Al Khobar (Female) – Immediate Start Job in Khobar, Saudi Arabia at Niagara College KSA – NC KSA
A strategic partnership between Saudi Aramco, Ministry of Labor and Social Development, TVTC & HRDF resulted in the establishment of the first academy for female in Al Khobar – Leading National Academy (LNA) – which is not-for-profit legally independent entity aiming at leading diversification of employment opportunities and building the capabilities of the Saudi female workforce through economy driven, elite, and agile training; committed to the values of integrity, excellence, diversity, citizenship and safety responsibility. In partnership with Niagara College KSA, LNA provides a specialized two-year diploma training program for entry-level jobs in new market opportunities.
The first year, the Academic Program, solidifies English, IT, Math, and H&S skills as part of the performance-based curriculum. In the second year, the Job Skills Program provides the latest knowledge and skills training in different vocational trades and sectors (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Chemical Lab Technician, Business Administration, Electrical Technician, Quality Control Building Inspection, and Health, Safety & Environment). LNA prides itself on its integral reliance on smart learning solutions (e.g. iPads, Smartboards, blended learning) to efficiently equip carefully selected trainees (A2 minimum) through high quality training.
Applications are invited for the position of Instructor, Math, at Niagara College KSA, Leading National Academy in Al Khobar. Reporting to the Head, Academic Skills & Training Program, the Instructor, Math is responsible for developing an effective learning environment for trainees. This exciting career opportunity offers the ideal candidate a once-in-a lifetime educational development experience in an international environment to deliver mathematics and numeracy training within the Academic Program. All courses will be taught using the English language.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of about 25-28 hours of Math & basic IT (Microsoft Office & touch typing) instruction per week.
- Planning and delivering high quality, lessons online and/or face-to-face to non-native English-speaking learners of various abilities and levels.
- Integrating and using technology to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Developing and create a learning environment that is conducive to success for all trainees.
- Developing a variety of assessment tools, assess work using detailed rubrics, record results, and evaluate their trainee progress.
- Providing remedial sessions during non-teaching periods.
- Optimizing the use of educational technologies to meet trainee learning needs.
- Providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the NC KSA approved Learning Management System (Moodle).
- Delivering and modeling H&S safety messages every lesson.
- Contributing to individual learning profiles (ILPs) on the SMS (NCIS).
- Participating in curriculum and consultative committees and team meetings.
- Liaising with community members and engage in program promotion.
- Interacting with people at all levels of the organization.
Required skills and qualifications, at a minimum, include:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mathematics (a Master’s degree is preferred).
- Four (4) years’ experience in teaching Mathematics in a post-secondary environment.
- Non-native speakers shall in addition to the Math qualifications have either an overall Academic IELTS score of at least 6 or a TOEFL score of at least 79 on the internet-based test, 550 on the paper-based test or 213 on the computer-based test.
- Superior knowledge of computer applications relevant to the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of technology in a variety of formats to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Exceptional classroom management skills and the ability to create a learning environment that promotes and enhances trainee motivation.
- Ability to function as a team player within a multi-cultural work environment.
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
How to apply:
- Position will be posted on the job portal website, Bayt
- Select the “Apply Now” button displayed in the job posting and follow the instructions provided.
- It is required that the mandatory questionnaire be completed.
- Ensure that your Bayt profile and CV information provided is up-to-date, and that you list all relevant work experience and education.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based solely on the information they provide through Bayt.
- If experience is not included, the system will fail to recognize your qualifications and may automatically screen out your application.
- All applications must be received through Bayt in order to be considered for review.
- We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Primary, Prep, & Secondary School
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: Niagara College KSA – NC KSA
Company Location: Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Primary, Prep, & Secondary School