Marketing and Communication Director Job in Qatar at United Development Company
Role Objective: The Marketing & Communications Director shall be responsible for: (a) performing all efforts for sales and leasing marketing of UDC’s assets; (b) reviewing customer satisfaction surveys and developing actions to improve it; and (c) developing and executing communication strategy.
- Recommends overall marketing strategy for residential units and retail and office space.
- Oversees the creation of the brand equity and long‐term brand strategy of UDC and its subsidiaries in relation to the delivery of the marketing materials required to promote UDC.
- Provides inputs to master plan for new/future developments, e.g. market intelligence, benchmarking etc.
- Presents strategic priorities and budgets/plans/actions to higher Management as appropriate.
- Aligns strategies with company vision and mission.
Marketing and Customer Satisfaction
- Leads market competitive activities, market intelligence, benchmarking
- Develops unique selling propositions, rationale and marketing calendars
- Leads the development of supporting marketing and sales materials (sales collaterals etc.)
- Leads the relationship with marketing and promotional event agencies (selection, fees etc.)
- Sets up control and monitoring mechanisms to evaluate marketing activities effectiveness
- Handles and resolves customer complaints; monitor prompt resolution according to agreed SLA
- Reviews customer satisfaction surveys; develop actions to provide customers a unique experience
- Leads the development of customer service guidelines.
- Ensures maintenance of existing and potential client database.
- Promotes UDC as a first‐class international brand, utilizing brand building expertise and framework, and continually assessing the competitive landscape.
- Leads the implementation of the holistic marketing, media and advertising strategies to maintain and enhance the brand of UDC and its portfolio.
- Recommends changes in marketing philosophy and policy when such changes serve the best interests of the organization.
- Develops corporate identity, branding and communication strategy
- Handles company’s public communications, press releases and corporate events, in close coordination with Finance for all investor-related materials and events
- Leads the team to meet communications, media relations, publishing and other corporate communications targets
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with mass media organizations, industry analysts, business, government, and other influences to ensure positive and accurate reporting of UDC and its projects and subsidiaries.
- Remains knowledgeable about emerging social and media methodologies and strategies.
- Provides vision to the ongoing assessment and development of the Company’s strategic plan.
- Trains and places key spokespersons to media community on corporate, project and market issues.
- Oversees the production of UDC publication/materials and ensures that the same are up to the highest standards.
- Directs and coordinates all corporate communications activities and aiding in formulating, implementation and administering of policies & procedures.
- Develops and coordinates product/project launch communication and collaterals; work closely with Marketing, Sales and Retail, Engineering and other entities to effectively translate key product positioning and message.
Policies & Procedures
- Develop and oversee the implementation of UDC’s policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Ensures compliance with approved safety, quality and environment programs.
- Leads and directs the management of change through continuous improvement of directorate’s systems, processes and practices.
- Ensures direction of department is cohesive and towards one direction.
Budget and Reporting
- Recommends budget as per targets and objectives.
- Reviews and analyzes reports and documents prepared by staff.
- Carries out and performs other related duties as specified and when required and assigned by the Line Manager to improve or enhance the efficiency of directorate’s work and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field. MBA or Master’s degree holder is required.
- 12 years+ related experience as chief marketing, communications or sales officer in a retail or residential environment and 4 years of which in a position involving management and supervision.
- Knowledge of Qatar/GCC real estate market dynamics and regulatory environment
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective marketing, customer satisfaction and communication strategies (in-depth market understanding, powerful and innovative consumer insights generation, large multi-media and advertising budget management, advertising, media and PR agencies management etc.)
- Experience in real estate marketing activities, preferably with presence/exposure to GCC
- Strong word processing, Excel spreadsheet, and project management software expertise.
- Knowledge of the Company’s HR policies and procedures.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Adept at building and maintaining strong and trusted relationships with stakeholders
- Fluent in both Arabic and English, other languages desirable
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Real Estate; Marketing
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Marketing and PR
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 12
- Residence Location
- Bahrain; Kuwait; Oman; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; United Arab Emirates
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field
Company: United Development Company
Company Location: Qatar
Job Category: Real Estate; Marketing