Marine QA Superintendent Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Virtua Advanced Solution
Title: Marine QA Superintendent
Company: Virtua Advanced Solution
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Quality Control
Job Summary and Purpose
Ensure that Marine quality standards, current practices and procedures meet or exceed the requirements of the customer, the company and the flag state. And monitor Fleet practices to ensure that they continue to comply with the ISM Code and applicable standards adopted by the Company.
As well as conduct internal audits onboard and ashore to verify that statutory and Company requirements are met, and identify areas of improvement.
The incumbent is also responsible to review trends in the Fleet and industry with regards to Safety and Environmental Management, and Initiate updates of the Management System whenever necessary. As well as to review Fleet Management of Change documentation to ensure Fleet Safety Management System standards are maintained or enhanced, and conduct audits to Joint Ventures to assess current practices and update risk profile, in addition to acting as custodian of the Companies Emergency Response Plan.
Marine Quality Assurance
Emergency Response Procedures
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE)
• Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering or an equivalent degree related to the Maritime/Shipping Industry OR
• Class 1 Certificate of Competency and experience as Master or Chief Engineer on internationally-trading tankers or gas carriers
• 6-8 years’ experience is a relevant Quality, Health, Safety and Environment function including at least 4 years’ in a similar position within the oil and gas shipping industry OR
• At least two years’ experience as Marine Quality Assurance Superintendent or in an equivalent off-shore based management position in a role related to the Maritime industry
Job Specific Skills:
• Fully conversant with the international, Flag State, industry and company requirements that are related to ship management and certification
• Good understanding of emergency response procedures and practices
• Experience of working in a role wherein support had to be provided to the company DPA will be preferred
• Should have knowledge of the role of the Company Security Officer
• Experience of working with Environmental Management Systems
• Experience of conducting internal and external audits such as ISO, ISPS, TMSA and SHEQ etc.