Manager – Customer Technical Services Job in Pune, India at Mastercard
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager – Customer Technical Services
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Global Customer Service team is looking for Manager, Customer Technical Services, to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
Global Customer Service acts as a single point of contact for our external customers and internal business partners. GCS completes analysis of wide variety of customer’s business and technical inquiries, providing end-to-end ownership. GCS is in essence ‘The face of MasterCard’ to ensure our customers receive world class support.
Purpose of job
– Provide operational and technical support for customers analyzing a wide variety of issues, determine needed actions, and follow through to resolution
– Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products or services and handle and resolve customer issues via telephone and electronic communications (e-mail)
– Regional Global Customer Service responsibilities
– Regional Customer Support; Basic to Intermediate understanding of Core Products
– The position will be part of a global team providing fantastic Customer Support
– Are you looking for a chance to start something from scratch?
– Have you always been a leader of change and part of the solution?
– Do you enjoy creating your own future and choosing the direction it takes?
• Provide world class support leveraging our Shared Service support model while integrating new procedures across a regional and global network
• Communicate frequently and clearly with different products and understand future enhancements
• Create documentation materials to be leveraged in a re-useable scalable way so that the product line can be supported on a global level with minimal effort
• Serve as focal point for customer issues, concerns and requests for enhancements.
• Capture detailed and accurate information about issues, concerns and enhancements.
• Work with global customers to complete service inquiries about MasterCard core applications and products.
• Collaborate with others in support of products, processes and problem resolution.
• Demonstrate the ability to negotiate, resolve and present to internal/external customers.
• Lead and/or participate in customer visits for training, education and operational support.
• Potential customer visits for training, education and operational support.
• Simulate or recreate user issues to resolve operating difficulties.
• Recommend and implement business or process improvements, while recognizing global perspectives.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities, displaying mentoring ability, project leadership and delegation on an as-needed basis, follow-through, team participation and self-management.
All About You
Knowledge / Experience:
• Technical/operations experience within financial/payments industry
• Previous customer service experience required.
• Broad knowledge in the field
• Line management Experience
• Must have a good understanding of Core Products( Credit/Pre-paid/Debit)
• Must be familiar with Card Payment Industries(Issuer & Acquirer)
• You should be able to display superior Customer Service
• Should be able to handle various geographical customer challenges ( South Asia & Middle East Africa)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
• Technical and operational skills (PL/SQL, MS Office, etc)
• Advanced analytical, problem resolution and project management skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
• Ability to adapt personal work style to accommodate an ever changing, diverse and global environment and to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously based on current business needs.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Company Location: Pune, India