Logistics Assistant SC 5 Job in Khartoum, Sudan at World Food Programme
JOB PURPOSETo implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Create and maintain Logistics service Purchase Orders in WFP’s Information Network and Global System (WINGS) using the correct budget codes, vendor details, quantities, contract rates and contract terms.
- Create and maintain Service Entry Sheets (SES) in WINGS after verifying that PO details are correct and are related to the services rendered prior to the approval of service delivery confirmation and taking into consideration the WFP International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) requirements on Goods Receipt Notes (GRNs).
- Ensure service providers submit their invoices in a timely manner according to WFP requirements.
- Ensure service provider’s invoices are processed & approved in Invoice Tracking System (ITS) in a timely manner based on valid contracts and following thorough verification of the invoices details.
- Ensure problematic vendor invoices are communicated to the immediate supervisor and vendors for correction.
- Support reconciliation of data related to Food Transfer Cost (FTC) funds to determine validity of expenditures, ensure accuracy in posting, and make follow-ups accordingly, in support to informed decision-making.
- Contribute to budget preparation where needed and support Funds management sector in ensuring adherence to relevant FTC procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, transport performance, invoice status).
- Ensure proper filing of invoices and correspondences related to Logistics funds management and invoice processing.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Liaise with Area Offices to support in efficient management of FTC funds through provision of correct charging code and monitoring the expenditure postings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Knowledge and experience in working with Internationally recognized Financial systems like SAP.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Experience: At least four years of progressive working experience in general Logistics work. Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
- Job Location
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization