Logistics Assistant (Fuel) SC5 – Aden Job in Aden, Yemen at World Food Programme
Incumbent reports to the Logistics Officer, WFP Yemen Bilateral Service Provision Section (BSP). She/He will work closely with supervisor, as part of dynamic team that supports logistics activities for the humanitarian partners through adequate information management for informed decisions. WFP Bilateral Service Provision Section is an integral part of WFP Yemen Supply Chain Interagency Unit and supports over 40 humanitarian partners in Yemen (e.g. UN Agencies, INGOs and NGOs) and vigorously growing service portfolio and requirements, through filling in the existing logistics gaps in sea/air transport, warehousing, logistics coordination/information management and other logistics services, when necessary, through provision of expertise and the turn-key supply chain solutions either through donor-funded initiatives or through cost recovery mechanisms in place, and contributes to achievements of the UN SDG17.
As part of highly dynamic and motivated team, an incumbent will perform logistics and information management functions with the reporting line to Logistics Officer (BSP) and ultimately the Head of WFP Yemen Supply Chain Interagency Unit, or the designate. Incumbent is expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific logistics activities, under tight deadlines and minimum supervision and guidance. He/She will be requested to step in, where necessary, and cover for other relevant business related activities within the unit after the training, e.g. small quantity fuel provision to partners, assistance in logistics docket of WFP Yemen Interagency Unit, coordination activities, as necessary.
At this level, incumbents will be expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard logistics guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
Ideal candidate for this position will be someone with strong sense of purpose, committed to humanitarian principles, who is computer savvy, organized, articulate in communication, with can-do and will-do attitude, capable to work effectively and often within a tight deadlines, as part of dynamic team composed of various national and international employees and demanding work environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Providing support BSP Logistic operation and activities, following standard processes, and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of fuel and
- medical commodities, etc to beneficiaries in the South.
- • Support timely orders and supplies of commodities (Medical, Medical equipment, Jerrycans, JetA1 fuel, diesel, etc.) to authorized partners and destinations.
- • Support pipeline analysis, assessments, and operational planning for all delivery modalities of Non-food, Shelter, Medical, Medical equipment, and fuel.
- • Follow up and liaise with Superintendents for all reports and information on transportation of Nonfood item’ and fuel deliveries.
- • Act as focal point general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary for partners.
- • Initiate the BSP plans (Non-food and fuel) for relevant programs areas and implementing the approved plan.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – PART 2
- Evaluate Transporters and other Fuel service providers performance against the set Key Performance Indicators.
- • Monitoring and Tracking fuel stock and requesting for replenishment from management as maybe required. Liaise with supplies of JET A1 fuel for partners.
- • Prepare necessary Custom documentations and liaise with authorities for clearance of fuel supplies.
- • Coordinate all security/de-confliction clearances with Transport Operations Security Unit.
- • Act as focal point for Air, Land and Sea cargo operation in south for contracted partners.
- • Act as focal point for verifying of transport invoices and other services in the corporate system (ITS, Wings).
- • Assist in the formulation of Standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure quick response and deployment of the required resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- • Prepare necessary Transport documentations for the allocated quantities for each Transporter.
- Others as required
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Aden, Yemen
Job Category: Non-profit Organization