Logistics Assistant (Cash Based Transfer ) G5- Homs Job in Homs, Syria at World Food Program – Other locations
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 28 of May 2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In 2020, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to fight hunger globally, including its work during the coronavirus pandemic.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Homs
Number of required employees: 1
Maintain a network of contracted retailers in locations under the responsibility of the Field Office, to support the smooth functioning of CBT operations, and ensure beneficiaries have access to safe, affordable and nutritious food items through local markets.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Logistics Assistant for CBT will work in the Homs Field Office – Logistics Unit and in collaboration with other units of WFP
This post is under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office (FO), with technical supervision of the Logistics Officer (CBT) at the Damascus Country Office (CO).
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant (CBT) will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Provide support to CBT operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of cash-based assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Conduct micro retailer capacity assessments using corporate systems to identify retailers for contracting.
3. Conduct oversight visits to the contracted shops to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, escalating to Supply Chain CBT in CO when further action is required.
4. Complete retailer performance evaluations and where necessary, implement retailer improvement plans.
5. Deliver onboarding sessions to newly contracted retailers to ensure awareness of WFP standards and procedures
6. Deliver redemption equipment to the contracted retailers, taking responsibility to ensure it is fully functional at all times, and to withdraw equipment and returning it to IT CO/FO should any contract end.
7. Assist Supply Chain CBT in increasing the number of contracted shops: in analysing the beneficiaries/shop situation in the respective area of responsibility, targeting the areas where competition is needed, assisting in the follow-up of target.
8. Process invoices, respond to retailers queries, assist in the monitoring of retail payments and provide ad-hoc reports.
9. Certify retailer invoices against the appropriate supporting documentation.
10. Provide CBT updates, data and reports upon request.
11. Assist with the retailer capacity building to improve retail standards in local markets, including but not limited to assortment, service, price, food safety and quality.
12. Ensure that internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
13. Any other duties as required
Company: World Food Program – Other locations
Company Location: Homs, Syria
Job Category: Non-profit Organization