Logistics Assistant Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Nadia Global
Title: Logistics Assistant
Company: Nadia Global
Location: Dubai – UAE
Category: Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance
Position: LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
An automotive company is looking for a Logistics Assistant to be based in Dubai. Must be proficient in LC, shipping documents and in Microsoft Excel – Advanced (especially in Vlookup, Pivot Table and formulas).
Must have practical work knowledge of import and export documentation in a trading environment.
Knowledge of various documents required for sending the documents through bank either on Letter of Credit basis or on collection basis.
This role will have focus on:
1) Coordinating with the forwarder/clearing agents for Custom clearing and receipt of Import shipments.
2) Execution of export documentation requirements for shipment from Jebel Ali to destinations especially in Africa, which include Letter of Credit shipment, commercial invoice, etc. Ensure that all documentation meets export regulations.
3) Preparing documents from Chamber of commerce and Attestation by Embassy.
4) Follow up with customers and freight forwarder for Import/Export shipments and must know the status of all shipments.
5) Arrange details of shipments with forwarders, carriers as necessary for exports.
6) Transacting of weekly shipments.
7) Documentation and data entry for all shipments including assisting logistic manager with daily functions.
8) Payment control to supplier and from customer.
Main objective & target of this job:
1) To arrange shipping documents in a timely manner without any discrepancies.
2) To communicate concerned party (supplier and customer) to give shipping advice and share documents in a timely manner.
3) To arrange any required documents along with Letter of Credit and receive payment in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: At least graduate from University.
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years’ logistic background required (preferably with handling Letter of Credit)
Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel, Supply Chain & Logistics system, Fluent in English, Knowledge of finance costs including Letter of Credit.