Lobby Lounge/Waitress Jobs in Abu Dhabi – UAE at Shangri La
Title: Lobby Lounge/Waitress
Company: Shangri La
Location: Abu Dhabi – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Hotel, Hospitality/Catering
Position: Lobby Lounge (Waitress)
Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi The hotel comprises 213 luxurious guestrooms and suites and 6 four-bedroom villas with private pools, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern Arabic style. To meet the needs of long-staying guests, the hotel offers 161 fully-furnished spacious serviced apartments ranging from studios to four-bedroom units. The hotel is located within the acclaimed Qaryat Al Beri complex, on a one-kilometre stretch of private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland.
The hotel is conveniently located next to a souk, offering a variety of shops under one roof. It is only a ten-minute drive from the city’s international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the Convention Centre, and 15 minutes from the Corniche and the city centre. LOBBY LOUNGE & AL HANAH BAR Take in the design and architecture of the Middle East in an opulent and comfortable setting.
Immerse your senses in the sounds of Arabia as oud and qanun performances bring the venue to life.
Elegant surroundings make this venue an ideal spot in which to end the day while enjoying a variety of food and beverages and watching the sun set from the balcony.
Adjacent to Al Hanah Bar, the Cigar Lounge offers premium cigars in a relaxed and intimate setting. This place is perfect for discrete business meetings or a moment to unwind. DUTIES Provides discerning business travelers, Emirati’s and local residents with a distinctive, high quality service with in the Lobby Lounge . The core function of this position is to always ensure prompt, efficient and friendly service to all our guests.
Welcome are young graduates with 1 year experience who possess a positive attitude, passion for the job and commitment to excellence.
Responsibilitiesof job will include but not be limited to:
• Provides guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Reviews the menu and becomes thoroughly familiar with food and beverage items and means of preparation being offered that day, including the ingredients, preparation, sauces, spirits and garnishes as well as the wine list, what cocktails compliment which food items, and why.
• Checks with manager for assigned station. Ensures station is properly set up and cleaned before, during, and after shift.
• Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains any specials and/or lobby lounge promotions for guest awareness.
• Takes guests’ cocktail and food orders, answering all menu questions, making helpful suggestions, and citing a favorite item.
• Presents properly written food check to kitchen/bar, informing of particulars in the order being placed; when complete, retrieve order, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
• Anticipates guests’ needs.
• Practices “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
• Closes all guest checks in a timely manner, ensuring all checks are properly signed and printed.
• Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities and services, events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area. REQUIREMENTS
Must havebasic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Dedicated to exceeding service standa…