Linux Administrator Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at Wipro Limited
Wipro is currently hiring for Linux Administrator in Riyadh.
Role and Responsibilities
· The System Administrator will be responsible for the daily administration of Linux Servers.
· Installation and configuration of Linux OS on physical and virtual systems.
· Install and maintain security patches on the operational and development system.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled cron jobs such as backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Allocate storage partitions to the OS.
· Expertise on Clustering and High Availability.
· Troubleshoot issues, develop operating procedures, backup/recovery, and general system maintenance.
· Assist in the design, planning and implementation of Linux solutions
· Monitor/tune Linux systems to achieve optimum performance levels in standalone and multi-tiered environments
· Linux shell scripting
· Evaluate, test and integrate new OS versions, drivers and patches
· Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Support application developers, IT operations staff, other platform admins and end-users as needed.
· Available 247 on need basis.
· Receives and responds to Service Desk calls.
· Coordinates support between third-party vendors and end users.
· Understands the principle setup design and implementation.
· Provides technical support for all IT Division personnel.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Experience installing, monitoring and troubleshooting Linux servers and associated applications
· Linux scripting for automation, monitoring and configuration management
· Knowledge of TCP/IP networks, connections, wiring and cabling, and network management (including DNS)
· SAN and NAS technologies
· Good understanding of backup solutions.
· Reporting based on system utilization and forecasting.
· Horizontal and vertical scaling for performance and/or high availability
· Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner and prevent reoccurring problems.
· Willingness to grow and expand capabilities, interests and competencies
· Strong understanding of application functionality and approaches
· Strong and proven ability to render clear documentation and system specifications from interviews/discussions/workshops
· Requires exceptional collaborative, teaming and consensus building abilities, as well as proficiency in cross-discipline, cross-organization and cross-product group cooperation.
Education and Experience:
· Associates Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Similar stream
- Certification in Redhat/ Linux
- Minimum 4 years of Linux experience
· High level of English interpersonal skills and communication skills both written and oral.
· Linux, SAN, System Security and Virtualization.
· Understanding of backup and restore
· System Administration
Company: Wipro Limited
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: IT Services