Legal & Compliance Counsel, Gulf Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Medtronic
Title: Legal & Compliance Counsel, Gulf
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Legal & Compliance Counsel for the Gulf States including UAE, Kuwait, Quatar, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen based in Dubai.
Provide commercially-oriented operational support and strategic guidance to Medtronic’s operations for the above countries which includes
• being the primary support for all legal and compliance matters, including providing legal advice on strategic projects and operational matters.
• being responsible for ensuring compliance with the internal and external regulations and procedures including the Medtronic Code of Conduct, the Business Conduct standards and the applicable laws.
The position requires a strong generalist with an ability to act operationally and advise strategically on a broad range of topics, including determination and implementation of new projects and processes; commercial contracts with distributors and agents, medical agreements with healthcare professionals, competition law and related pricing issues, public procurement law, IP, product liability, sanctions and embargoes and related activities,. The position also requires a robust and process-driven approach to the management of compliance matters in accordance with the Medtronic Code of Conduct and the Business Conduct Standards.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
•Advising on all operational matters and strategic projects, including providing advice on commercial law, competition law, employment law, IP, public procurement law and product liability, with a high degree of independence.
• Managing the implementation and supervision of the Distributor Policies, including review and approval of distributors, negotiation of distributor agreements, advising on renewals and terminations and conducting the Distributor Monitoring Program.
• Managing disputes and litigations if necessary under involvement of outside counsel.
• Conduct trainings for employees and distributors on legal matters.
Implementing and operating the compliance processes and activities in collaboration with the strategic compliance team, including
• driving the implementation of compliance rules, regulations and processes
• advising on compliance matters, such as drafting, review and negotiation of clinical study, research, training, sponsor/donation, consultancy and other non-sales contracts and other arrangements with hospitals and health care professionals
• approving compliance matters
•Participate effectively as member of the local management team and the global legal & compliance department.
• Identify and manage internal and external legal resources as required to provide high quality legal services at a reasonable cost.
• Counsel internal clients practically and strategically on legal and compliance issues relating to the businesses in question.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Strong academic credentials from a recognized law school.
• Fluency in business/ legal Arabic and English, both in written and oral
• Multi-national/multi-cultural experience
• Minimum 3 years’ post internship legal practice in a top law firm and/ or an international company.
• Industry experience (in medical devices or pharmaceuticals) highly desirable, but not essential.
• Excellent legal skills and commercial acumen.
• Solid judgment and integrity.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with ease …