Lead Cost Engineer M/F Jobs in Ras Laffan Industrial City at SPIE
Title: Lead Cost Engineer M/F
Location: Ras Laffan Industrial City
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC Doha, Qatar for a:
Lead Cost Engineer
Provide expert professional advice and guidance in allocation, planning and stewardship of costs and expenditures for NFXP Onshore Project and develop and modify procedures to meet business requirements during project phases.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Develop and maintain a set of Project Cost Control procedures, guidelines and flow charts to meet project requirements along with a standard cost reporting process across all project EPC Contracts.
2. Ensure cost data integrity across all EPC Contracts and make sure cost information is accurately compiled and reported to Project Management to provide visibility on overall project cost status and performance.
3. Direct project team and provide guidance and expertise to Project Cost Engineers assigned to each one of the EPCs and ensure common understanding and standardized practice of cost control processes in terms of Value Of Work Done (VOWD) reporting, forecast updates, contractors’ change orders, trend and contingency management and expenditures allocation.
4. Support the Business Division Manager and lead the financial input into Funding Packages submittals, e.g. Advance Commitments (ACs), Full Funding (FF), Supplementary Funding whenever required and recommend budget transfers to ensure that all necessary funding is provided and Project Cost At Completion is aligned with the approved budgets.
5. Development of Forecast cost estimates and preparation of annual Work Program and Budget (WP&B) taking full consideration of project scope, progress achieved and pending to complete scope.
6. Develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for the overall NFE Onshore project consistent with project scope and reporting structures requirements across project EPCs.
7. Facilitate the monitoring of FEED and EPC contractors and project’s cost performance comparing to agreed control plans and recommends corrective plans as required during project execution with the appropriate PMT personnel. Monitor, review and endorse FEED and EPC Contractors deliverables in terms of VOWD reporting, Trend Management and Earned Value Analysis
8. Advise Head Project Controls and NFE Project Leadership Team of any potential cost issues as early enough to mitigate, provide guidance on corrective actions and measures to mitigate any adverse trends. In conjunction with Head Project Controls develop and implement corrective actions and recovery plans ensuring these are implemented in a timely manner.
9. Follow up Project Commitments in line with approved budgets and ensure all change orders are dully submitted (with regard to contractual compliance) and are subject to proper Management approval. Provide guidance to Procurement and Contracts teams for commitments’ WBS and CBS allocations.
10. Develop inhouse cost reporting
Ideally you will have Bachelor Degree in Finance, Engineering, Construction Management related subjects or relevant experience with minimum of 12 years’ experience in Project Cost Control for EPC oil and gas capital projects, of which a minimum of 5 years is in field scheduling together with a thorough and extensive knowledge of Project Controls principles, theories and concepts.
Previous experience on major projects, from an Owner’s perspective, managing EPC Lump Sum Contracts, working with multi-lingual contract te…