Laundry Attendant Jobs in Abu Dhabi – UAE at Marriott
Title: Laundry Attendant
Location: Abu Dhabi – UAE
Type: Full Time
** Job Number*
* ** Job Category
** Housekeeping & Laundry
* * The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
* * St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
* * Full-Time
* * Position Type
** Located Remotely?
** NThe St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St.
Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
** Position Summary:*
* · Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery, including adding chemicals and cleaning lint traps.
· Identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair, spot treatment, rewash, or discard.
· Inspect cleanliness of articles removed from the washer, dryer, or dry cleaning machines and place in clean linen carts.
· Fold cleaned articles into designated size, either by hand or using folding machine. Maintain accurate records of items laundered.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
** Preferred qualifications & experience:
** Speaking and understanding, reading and writing. 1- year previous related work experience required.
** Core Work Activities:
**** Safety and Security**§ Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).§ Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.§ Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.§
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.§ Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.§ Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.§ Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (, evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).§ Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.§
Accountable and expected to fully comply with the company’s OSHMS (Occupational, Safety & Health Management System) policies, OSHMS procedures & operational work instructions and any other relevant legislation.
** Policies and Procedures**§ Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.§ Follow company and department policies and procedures.§ Protect company tools, equipment, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.§ Perfo…