Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job in Khartoum, Sudan at World Food Programme
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Head of Monitoring and Evaluation, the JPO will perform the following responsibilities:
- In line with the CSP requirements, support planning and implementation of monitoring, review and evaluation activities on assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of all food assistance interventions including M&E narrative, log-frame, budget, and M&E plans.
- Contribute to the production of country-level regular monitoring process and progress reports with status of results including cross-cutting issues such gender, protection and accountability to populations we serve.
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFP ability to demonstrate outcome focused results.
- Train other international and national staff as well as key cooperating partner staff and third-party monitoring in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to build capacity, increase awareness on the importance of M&E and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Serve as a focal point for third party monitoring (TPM) companies/NGOs.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Strong understanding of WFP’s M&E principles, results framework, tools, procedures and technologies.
- Familiarization with WFP programmatic activities, planning and implementation.
- Ability to acquire the skills to effectively communicate on WFP’s performance both internally within the organization as well as with donors.
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Economics, Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics, Performance Management or other relevant fields.
- 2 years post graduate, progressively responsible, job related experience in in any field related to data analysis and/or reporting.
- Fluency in English; intermediate knowledge (intermediate/level B) of another UN official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is desirable.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Desirable SPSS and/or any other statistical package for analysis software skills.
- Competencies: Cognitive Capacity, Teamwork, Action Management, Innovation, Partnering, Client Orientation.
- American nationality
- Be no older than 32 years of age by 31 December 2020
The JPO will report to the Head of the M&E team (P3 level). The JPO will work in the M&E team, which is currently composed of 7 staff in Khartoum liaising with staff in the field offices. The primary level of supervision will be with the Head of the M&E team. Daily interaction with the M&E team members will be combined with working closely with other teams within the Programme unit: i.e. Emergency, General Food Distribution, Cash and Vouchers, Nutrition, School Feeding, VAM, Resilience.
Discussions on training needs will be carried out at the beginning of the assignment to identify areas of possible development in line with the requirements of the unit and the interest of the candidate; to this end a training plan will be developed and included within the unit plan. This will be monitored on a regular basis to ensure that training needs are achieved. Essential learning components will include:
- Training on WFP’s corporate results framework and monitoring/evaluate tools.
- Training on WFP’s technologies including SCOPE and COMET, as well as relevant general statistical software.
At the end of the two-year assignment, the JPO should have acquired:
- Very good knowledge of WFP M&E principles, results framework, tools, procedures and technologies.
- Strong operational experience with all the components related to food assistance programming in WFP such as planning and response options including general food distribution, nutrition interventions, food for recovery and cash & voucher activities.
- General understanding of WFP overall operations and activities in Sudan.
- Increased knowledge of the UN system and its policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Job Location
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization