Junior Finance Analyst Job at Mondelez International
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelez International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Matter.
You are a specialist in a process, workstream or area in Mondelez International Business Services, working to support impeccable service operations.
How you will contribute
You will use your in-depth process and service knowledge in your area of expertise to ensure that service level agreements and obligations are met. As a co-owner of the development of standard operating procedures, you will drive standardization and simplification of processes. In addition, you will provide input for training materials, ensure that standard operating procedures and data protection activities comply with Mondelez International policies and the law, analyze and report on exceptions and offer recommendations for process improvements, and lead the sustainable continuous improvement process for the team.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
– Your specific process area
– Working in a shared service organization
– Being a good team player and influencing others
– Process design and mapping, and business requirement gathering experience
– Communicating effectively, applying interpersonal skills and taking initiative
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
– Ensure all financial data reported meets the parameters of accuracy and compliance.
– Ensure to deal with all the State Bank related matter
– Manage routine and ad-hoc payments for Pakistan business
– Connect with foreign vendors for all payments related queries
– Take ownership of payment schedule of various tax authorities
What extra ingredients you will bring:
– Assistance in State Bank related matters;
Imports / Goods:
– Liaising with the procurement and contact personnel of suppliers & shippers to collect the documents (including No objection certificates, confirmation of outstanding balances etc) as required by local bank and State bank for import payments
– Coordinating with local bank to know the discrepancies highlighted by State bank and update same in the tracker of pending payments
– Compiling all the information / documentation for sending the same to local bank for onward submission to the State Bank of Pakistan
– Assisting in replying the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) against the queries highlighted in cases to seek approvals from SBP
– Following up with the local bank on a regular basis to pursue progress on required approvals from the State bank of Pakistan
– Assist in making service related foreign payments (including Royalty, IT & Marketing related services and others)
– Obtain relevant documents as per requirements from local bank / SBP (including auditor certificate, tax certificates, proof of performance of services, contracts, agreements etc), prepare letter for bank, fill required forms and templates for sending the case to bank
– Assist in resolving discrepancies raised by bank
– Following up with bank which require SBP approval
Other requirements of SBP on Imports:
– Ensure compliance with new SBP requirements related to imports including Bank contracts, L/Cs, Advance payments, 100% Cash Margin on Imports, etc
– Liaising with the bank, imports department, user department & supplier / intercompany to complete the required documentation of Bank Contracts / LCs before shipments.
– Maintain schedule of 100% Cash Margin withheld by bank on a monthly basis and ensure margin is released once payment to vendor is made
Education / Certifications:
– 2-3 years of experience in assurance at a reputable Firm or in Financial Reporting at a reputable Company
Job specific requirements:
– Strategic and analytical skills, ability to drive continuous improvement
– High emotional intelligence and Interpersonal Savvy, feedback skills including good team management & development skills
– Planning, priority setting, problem solving and monitoring skills
– Good communication skills – both written and verbal
– Advanced experience in using PC – particularly Excel / PowerPoint. SAP experience would be preferred
– Drive for result
– No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International in the Middle East, Africa and Pakistan serves 70 markets from our operations in 16 countries. We have more than 4,000 employees across this dynamic region producing high-quality products at 11 manufacturing sites. We are market leaders in key snacking categories, making and selling global and local brands like Oreo and Tom Tom biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Lunch Bar chocolate, Tang and Cadbury Bournvita powdered beverages, Clorets, Trident and Chappies gum, and Halls candy. We set the benchmark in being a responsible business and contributing to the communities in which we operate.
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company: Mondelez International
Company Location: Pakistan
About Mondelez International
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.