Junior Cost Control Specialist Job in Abu Dhabi, UAE at Parsons International Limited
Junior Cost Control Specialist
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
– Completes a variety of cost control tasks for a number of running infrastructure and transportation projects, reporting to the Cost Control Lead.
– Develops and implements PRISM and project WBS, and coding structure, based on established progress/cost collection levels and reporting requirements
– Develops job cost forecast and updates the system (PRISM) on monthly basis under guidance from the Project Manager and Cost Control Lead
– Reviews all hours and costs in PRISM on weekly basis and notifies the Project Manager in case of any incorrect entries (time charges / costs).
– Determines the basis of progress measurement and routinely measures, validates and reports project progress utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques
– Analyzes project performance and makes recommendations in respect of (mitigation or improvements to) the same
– Prepares the Project Controls Statement (PCS) in conjunction with the Project Manager for his/her approval
– Prepares invoices after liaising with the Contracts Manager and Project Manager. Supports accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitors billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and Project Managers to resolve issues in a timely manner
– Assists in various financial aspects of sub-contracts and vendors, including payments and variations
– Prepares monthly cash flow statement and cash receipts.
– Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
– Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent discipline.
– At least 2 years of work experience in the field of cost control or project control.
– Must have a related work experience in an engineering, or construction firm in UAE or Middle East region.
– Adept in using MS Word, MS Excel, spreadsheets, and other related computer applications and databases.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills. Can communicate amiably & effectively with people at all levels and establish productive working relationships.
Your future is calling!
Complete an online application and attach a comprehensive and latest copy of your CV.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Business Consultancy Services; Accounting; Civil Engineering
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2 Max: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Civil Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Finance
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Category: Business Consultancy Services; Accounting; Civil Engineering