Jordan: Deputy Chief of Party Job in Amman, Jordan at Internews
ABOUT THE POSITION
Internews is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party candidate for a USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan.
Reporting directly to the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for ensuring that activity implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures, and with the specifications determined in the contract. The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for oversight of program activities, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and sub-grants. They will be required to act as Chief of Party on occasion, being the principal point of contact in Jordan for procedural and substantive matters and will also take on delegated Chief of Party responsibilities as required.
Note that this position is contingent upon funding. The finalist candidate is subject to USAID approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Project Management Strategy and Systems
- Contributes new ideas and develops initiatives related to media development, media innovation, and media partnerships in the Jordanian context;
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of independent media and civil society issues in Jordan (print, broadcast and new media), and a general understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing independent media and civil society across the region;
- Supports the Chief of Party to develop draft project work plans, agreement modification requests, respond to donor inquiries and strengthen long-term strategy for Internews in Jordan;
- Ensures the project is in compliance with all grant and cooperative agreement rules, requirements and regulations as well as with Internews internal policies and procedures;
- Develops an organization-wide project and personnel management system, processes, and tools including rollout and support ensuring wide adoption and use;
- Ensures two-way communication and feedback between all departments, staff, partners, donors, and stakeholders;
- Develops a communications and learning strategy to articulate the full scope and impact of the project on a regular basis to external and internal stakeholders.
Partnerships and Technical Assistance
- Ensures sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures are standardized and consistently implemented throughout the program, including agreements, disbursements, and reporting in collaboration with the team;
- Ensures good knowledge management across grants, including key project documentation, to enable all teams supporting the grant to access information and provide a fully auditable trail;
- Manages new partnership engagements in collaboration with the team, as necessary.
Learning and Communications
- Oversees the performance and impact measurement for Internews in Jordan, including collection and monitoring of all data, processing and verification, in close collaboration with the team;
- Oversees the communication of program impact across all activities of Internews in Jordan in close collaboration with the team;
- Contributes to overall communications strategy, including generation of content and social media presence;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Journalism; Media Production
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5 Max: 15
- Master’s degree
Journalism, International Development, or a closely related field
Company Location: Amman, Jordan
Job Category: Journalism; Media Production