IT Operations Associate (Infrastructure & Networking), SC6 Job in Khartoum, Sudan at World Food Programme
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles .Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Information & Technology team to provide IT-related support and solutions and to guide information technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services that will facilitate WFP staff to deliver programmes that will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced IT Operations Associate (Infrastructure & Networking) based in Khartoum, Sudan to be hired on a Service Contract at SC6 level .
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will provide technical support for the design, implementation and maintenance of the Country Office Network and telecommunications infrastructure in the country office and, provide second level support to the field offices.
- Assist in reviewing existing installation and, design and implement improvements to support an excellent operation.
- Conduct regular maintenances, upgrades or enhancements of existing network and telecommunications systems and applications
- Provide training and advice to colleagues and end users of IT services,
- Proactively anticipate, resolve issues and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Conduct data analysis, including the impact of changes, and support the development of accurate reports to identify and recommend solutions.
- Conduct the maintenance of systems and hardware to ensure technology is running effectively for WFP staff.
- Develop and deploy a variety of documentation and equipment for use by WFP staff to ensure staff have access to the required IT services and products.
- Manage the implementation of new standard applications in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Work with groups in IT service delivery and other staff to understand needs and support the development of integrated IT support services.
- Provide support to users, log and analyze all requests for support in accordance with standard processes, to support staff to deliver their services.
- Support the development and implementation of plans for the delivery of a full range of IT services and improvements to methods and processes in order to meet operational requirements.
- Attend escalated level 2 support in the area of networking and telecommunication systems
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area such as computer science, information systems, electronics or any related discipline.
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT networking systems telecommunication services. Proven effective, hands-on networking experience in installing IT networks (Cabling, Routers, Access Points, Firewalls, Internet connections, VSATs), Telecommunications (PBX Systems, Voice Communications), and the supporting electrical installations (Backup power, UPS systems, Generators and solar power).
Fluency in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
• Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
• Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process.
- Job Location
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization