IT Operations Assistant, FTA-G5 & SC5 (Multiple Duty Stations) Job in Khartoum, Sudan at World Food Programme
IT Operations Assistant, delivers high-quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the IT Operations Officer in Khartoum, the IT Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of Secondary school education preferably supplemented by tertiary learning in Information Technology, computer science or any relevant field.
Experience: Four years of experience related to Information Technology assignments in very busy environments.
Language: Fluent in both English and Arabic
- Job Location
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization