IT Assistant (Data Management – SCOPE) SC5 – Aden Job in Aden, Yemen at World Food Programme
This job is found in WFP Yemen, Aden and report to an officer or designate.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Data Modelling and Extraction: –
Within delegated authority, the Staff Member oversees the technical processes to extract reports related to SCOPE rollouts, in order to provide Programme with near real-time data mechanisms. S/he participates in data collection, review and cleansing, ensuring the accuracy of beneficiaries’ data for further upload to SCOPE and data processing in the system.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – PART 2
The Staff Member will be expected to carry out other tasks that may initiate during the course of the appointment as and when needed, such as:
- Assist in biometric registration exercise by design cleansing process and maintain Database in different format (Excel & Access)
- The Staff Member is in charge of the technical processes to extract reports related to SCOPE data processes , in order to provide Programme with near real-time data mechanisms. S/he participates in data verifications , ensuring the accuracy of beneficiaries’ data
- Coordinate the database sharing within defined datelines for updates and complains.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of beneficiary data for further send it WFP.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – PART 3
- Ensure the security, reliability and availability of data is guaranteed
- Design reports and dashboards for data analysis and analyze pre and post distribution list
- Report continuously on database analysis findings and challenges faced.
- Supervise, coordinate and report on the reconciliation exercise between distribution plans and actual redemptions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – PART 4
Hardware Support and Problem Management:
- S/he deploys the WFP standard SCOPE hardware and software, such as offline workstations, Point of Sales, webcams and fingerprint readers; as well as applications and programs, utilities and auxiliary software.
- S/he makes sure that equipment assigned to Cooperating Partners is accounted for and tracked appropriately.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – PART 5
- Within delegated authority, the Staff Member performs analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of IT problems for end-users (Retailers, Registrars, CPs etc.), implementing corrective solutions as required.
- S/he regularly monitors ticketing systems and shared mailboxes, keeping in contact with users on a regular basis.
- The Staff Member will also assist the SCOPE project manager in drafting lessons learnt, technical documentation and handover documentation for regular operations, first and second level support.
- The Staff Member communicates with the centralized SCOPE Support, following-up on all pending tickets and working with the different teams;
Others as required
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency level C in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Experience: Mininimum FOUR years of relevant experience
- Experience in troubleshooting different IT devices include (but are not limited to) computers , databases, point of Sale devices etc.
- Experience in data processing, analysis, reporting, preferably in an Information Technology department.
- Experience in the field of information technology, preferably as Database administrator.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Professionalism and understanding of Information Management: Possess knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position with WFP and apply them consistently in work tasks. Ensure information allows for an informed and transparent decision-making
Client Orientation: Research potential solutions to incoming needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate manner.
Planning and organizing: Allocate appropriate amount of time for completing work; foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning; monitor and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
Teamwork: Work collaboratively with colleagues in the team and with WFP community worldwide.
- Job Location
- Aden, Yemen
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Aden, Yemen
Job Category: Non-profit Organization