Improving Market Systems Specialist Job in Amman, Jordan at J.E. Austin Associates
J.E. Austin Associates is seeking an expert in Inclusive Market Systems approaches, with superb communications, networking, and facilitation skills, to serve as the market systems focal point for the upcoming Jordan Water Efficiency and Conservation activity. This person will promote and provide conceptual, technical and process guidance with a multidisciplinary team working with stakeholders to improve the efficiency of Jordan’s water use. The expert will work with market systems that link water users, as well as market systems centered on providers of water management, equipment, and services. The approach will be one of facilitating private sector engagement and leadership.
The approach will emphasize designing and facilitating implementation of approaches and activities for sustainable, private sector-led evolution of incentives, behaviors, relationships, and actions in the systems that frame and drive market outcomes. Particular attention will be paid to inclusivity and impacts concerning women and youth.
- Guide, facilitate and oversee the implementation of Activity initiatives to spur sustainable market systems development amongst actors in water management and amongst water users, particularly agricultural and municipal.
- Work with the Activity team and its partners/ stakeholders to conceptualize and evaluate implementation approaches, providing technical support and guidance.
- Work with the team to develop powerful networking, linkage and communication, and private sector partnership strategies.
- Help the team to identify and entry points and champions.
- Lead and participate in market systems mapping and analysis, political economy analyses, market and value chain analyses.
- Lead and direct specific technical teams in collaboration with the Activity team and its partners. Participate in and contribute to annual work planning, MEL, and CLA-type review and evaluation of approaches.
- Draw on J.E. Austin Associates’ experience and methodologies to inform activities.
- Provide advice, expertise, and assistance related to market systems across all aspects of the project.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Economics & Financial Consulting
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7
- Master’s degree
Company: J.E. Austin Associates
Company Location: Amman, Jordan
Job Category: Economics & Financial Consulting