ICG KYC Quality – Site Head Job in India at Citi bank
The ICG KYC Ops is responsible for providing KYC to our clients across the Institutional Client Group (ICG), Markets and CCB. Through implementing state of the art technologies which promote the collection, research, storage, and processing of KYC data. The unit is responsible globally to ensure the Businesses remains compliant to or exceeding the standards mandated by AML/KYC Compliance organization and regulators.
The ICG KYC In-Process Quality team within the ICG KYC Operations is responsible for Quality of KYC records. Teams main goal is to ensure all business lines achieve targets set by regulators and internal audit.
The role will be part of the ICG KYC Ops. Quality Function that conducts quality control reviews across BCMA, Markets and CCB client population.
Site Head KYC Quality will be part of the ICG KYC Quality function. The unit is tasked with conducting quality control reviews across Trade and Treasury Services and Securities and Fund Services high risk client population (i.e. Foreign Correspondent Banks, Embassies, Missions & Consulates, MSBs and other potential high risk client). The program will engage stakeholders and provide formalized defect reporting and feedback with continuous training and communications on a monthly basis to senior management/stakeholders involved in the accounts approval process lifecycle with the objective of improving overall client due diligence accounts approval process quality & reduce lifecycle processing time. This role oversees the quality control work of a global team of upto 10.
Strategy and Leadership
- Determine the strategy and process for all in-scope records
- Develop and execute action plans to achieve the required pass rates and sustainability targets. (90%)
- Ensure all procedures, checklist and process maps are implemented and accurately describe the established processes
- Establish an in-process review team to detect errors early in the process before the records is approved.
- Continuously assess the status of quality and implement steps to improve the quality of reviews and help makers/checkers ensure their error rate is reduced.
Governance and Reporting
- Define and closely monitor operational metrics relating to volume, efficiency, and quality measures
- Conduct root cause analysis within the overall client due diligence accounts approval process lifecycle by identifying & analysing areas of common defect/issues/themes
- Provide granular and detailed MIS to operations managers, including common defects and root cause analysis in order for them to implement change.
- Work in partnership with the Training team and Operations to develop and implement action plans to improve quality based on monthly results/MIS.
- Provide updates at regular meetings with Governance, Compliance, etc.
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned Quality functions
- Manage remediation projects / initiatives and report on progress as required
- Propose appropriate corrective action plan and best practices recommendations for identified issues through the continuous improvement process (CIP)
- Review Compliance feedback to ensure continuous improvements
- Assist with the preparation for audits – both internal and external regulatory reviews
- Assist with department projects / initiatives as requested
- Ensure transparent and open people management culture within team.
- Manage geographically dispersed team of upto 10 staff
- Ensure knowledgeable staff and continuous development plans in place for team(s)
- Assess effectiveness of individual completed quality control checks
- A proven track record with at least 8+ years of relevant KYC operations experience
- Proficiency at consolidating data from numerous sources to create presentations for all levels of management and other stakeholders
- Significant experience working with Excel, MS Office tools (including SharePoint), and other tools related to queries and data management
- Strong Operations experience desirable
- Global experience would be beneficial
- Management / Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years’ experience in relevant domain
- Strong analytical problem-solving abilities
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Company: Citi bank
Company Location: India