Head of Cargo Operations Airport/DWC Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Emirates
Title: Head of Cargo Operations Airport/DWC
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Transportation, Airport/Airline
Position: Head of Cargo Operations World Central Airport (DWC)
To lead the Import and Export activities of Cargo Operations at Dubai World Central Airport (DWC) ensuring dnata Cargo contractual obligations and Service delivery objectives are achieved while conforming to the highest level of safety, quality and regulatory standards.
– Develops and maintains the highest standard service to airlines, freight forwarders, integrators and other customers that use the DWC Terminal by ensuring efficient delivery of all cargo products in compliance with ISO, IATA/ICAO and UAE GCAA Regulatory requirement.
– Reviews DWC Cargo mid and long term business direction and provides recommendations for improvement to help drive towards the attainment of DWC dnata cargo Objectives.
– Prepares and recommends Cargo budget to include manpower, expenditure and monitors financial performance versus the budget.
– Plans and implements contingency strategies to ensure any changes or challenges in cargo operations or in the industry are factored and dnata interest protected.
– Leads the implementation of Cargo policies, procedures and controls to ensure procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled.
– Manages effective achievement of departmental objectives by setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisals in order to maximise performance (for both permanent and sub-contracted employees).
– Builds and maintains relationship with key stakeholders (Cargo, other airlines, integrators, airport agencies and authorities) to ensure business continuity and achievement of dnata strategy.
– Reviews root cause analysis and corresponding action items pertaining to accidents, near misses and recurring service failures to ensure that that the most efficient corrective action measures are recommended.
– Ensures compliance of all relevant safety policies, procedures and controls to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
– Leads employee engagement programs at DWC ensuring new employees at dnata cargo are fully trained and developed and are able to effectively contribute to DWC Operations.
– Ensures dnata DWC people KPIs are effectively managed against set target and just culture is promoted across DWC.
– Reviews DWC day of operation reports to ensure operational KPIs are tracked and corrective action taken when required.
– Represent dnata cargo and DWC at external forums ensuring dnata cargo is effectively represented and its interest protected.
– Bachelor Degree in the relevant field of logistics
– 10 to12 years of experience in ground handling / cargo operations, majority of which should have been in a Leadership role
– Expert knowledge in Cargo operations
– Advanced knowledge in cargo handling procedures.
– Advanced understanding of Cargo Regulatory requirements and Freight regulations
– Advanced knowledge of all Airline/Cargo Agent Communication and Control Systems used in the aviation industry
– Thorough knowledge of the international Quality Standard, TQM principles and Decision Support Systems
– Expert Management Skills
– Advanced Communication Skills
– Advanced Budget and Cost Control Skills
– Advanced Safety Awareness Skills