HANDOVER SPECIALIST Job in Doha, Qatar at Parsons International Limited
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
- Review submitted Final Hand Over dossiers in-line with Project Handing Over Procedure.
- Ensure that Supplier Dossiers have been prepared and are indexed as per Contract and Regulatory Authority requirements for submittal to the Client for each item of plant, equipment, building, material etc. incorporated into the Work.
- Ensure that all required Engineering, Vendor, Operations Related, Safety/Environmental, Fabrication / Construction, Mechanical Completion, As-Built, Project, Supplier, Warranties & Guarantees, Maintenance and Regulatory Approval Documents and Certification are identified and suitably endorsed as per Contract where required for final Hand Over.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to personnel assigned to projects or tasks within area of responsibility.
- Participate in the Walk downs of the facilities and systems with the Client,
- Ensure that the following are completed:
- The system operating guides.
- The start-up operating guides.
- The operating outline procedures and maintenance manuals for the project.
- Handover archives.
- Sub System documentation.
- Advise the management team of the status of documentation in a timely manner.
- Civil Defense and other local authorities / departments.
- Prepare integration of these procedures within the current operation team and work procedures.
- Raise, maintain and track Punch/Snag Lists, and ensuring the Contractor and their sub-contractors / Vendors to rectify Punch/Snag List Items.
- Follow up for system completions in line with the commissioning programme.
- Follow up with Construction Team for receipt of necessary information on time for the system handover Schedule
- Review and audit Vendor / Sub contractor Information, including Test Packs and Equipment Test Packs.
- Communicate with staff throughout the project ensuring the Quality System is being adhered to and being executed properly.
- Extend technical support to delegated Projects on handover matters during detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning stages of projects, which may require site visits. Review and comment on start-up procedures and Operating and Maintenance manuals.
- Organize, schedule and conduct, in a structured and safe manner, the duties and responsibilities for all areas of the holistic handing over of buildings / projects covered in both building and infrastructures sectors; with the approach that the Client considers handover to be an all-inclusive process and formalizes review and integration of all project expectations during the planning, design, construction, and occupancy phases of the facility by audit, inspection and functional performance testing, oversight of operator training and record documentation.
- Review, for delegated projects, design objectives and intent with the designers and ensure the handover process is understood by each team member and that this process is clearly documented.
- Contribute towards updating and enhancing discipline engineering codes, standards, specifications, procedures, strategies and philosophies.
- Share accountability on delegated projects, with Testing & Commissioning Engineer for all elements of testing and hand-over of systems and equipment for all building elements such as facades, air tightness, thermal testing, mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and other elements of the WORK, including all associated controls, systems, and devices.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- MME Registered
- Minimum of 15 years of postgraduate experience, 10 years of which are experience on large infrastructure projects in the Middle East.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to team build, organize staff and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well within and lead a project team of mixed nationalities.
- Experience in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to build rapport with work colleagues.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Doha, Qatar
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy