Guitar Teacher Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Melodica Music and Dance Institute
Title: Guitar Teacher
Company: Melodica Music and Dance Institute
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Teaching, Education
About the Role We are currently seekingexperienced, energetic and team-oriented Guitar Teachers to joinour growing operations:
The successful candidate will undertake thefollowing (included but not limited to):
• Ensure theeffective teaching of Music to enable students to develop theirskills and knowledge, act as a professional role model to studentsand parents of students and contribute to the development ofMelodica.
• Plan and prepare lessons (lesson plans) inrelation to individual students’ needs and examinationsyllabus.
• Teach music theory, aural skills, sightreading and practical techniques to students. Communicate musicalconcepts and instructions clearly.
• Use a variety ofteaching strategies, methods, tools and approaches and tailor tostudent’s different learning needs, learning styles andpreferences.
• Demonstrate high standards of teachingthereby impacting on the learning and achievement of students and,as such, be a positive role model to students.
• Createand maintain a classroom environment where students are eager toattend lessons and practice. Motivate students and encourageprogress.
• Build powerful, positive and trust-basedrelationships with students and parents of students from allbackgrounds.
• Continuously assess student’sability and provide feedback on progress to students and parents ofstudents. Be available to discuss concerns and achievements.
• Continuously update professional knowledge andexpertise, as appropriate, and keep up-to-date with developments inteaching practice and teaching methodology specifically in music.
• Contribute to a culture of team work that is conduciveto learning and development, friendly, open to critical feedbackand sharing of information.
• Actively participate in allschool events including meetings, parent’s evenings,information days, concerts, recitals, workshops, schoolproductions, school promotional events, competitions, mockexaminations, etc.
• Actively participate in all internalschool events including teachers band, teacher’sorchestra, teacher’s symphony, teacher’sensemble, teacher’s performance demonstrations, teacherconcerts or any other musical event. Our ideal candidate will havethe following experience and competencies:
Bachelor’s degree in music or music education
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar teachingrole
• Must be able to teach minimum grade five (5) ABRSMMusic Theory
• Teachers who can also teach piano, drums oranother musical instrument will be given preference
• Fluent English language ability both spoken and written
• Demonstrate excellent musicianship and artistry as a teacher andperformer
• Demonstrate passion for and experience inteaching young beginners and adults
• Flexibility andcreativity to adapt to curriculum goals and ability to workcollaboratively
• Strong interpersonal and communicationskills and ability to work effectively in a diverse community
• Ability to work during working hours as well asadditional hours for planning meetings, professional development,scheduled concerts or examinations
• Self-motivated andable to work with minimal supervision
• Intermediate I.
T.skills including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
Salary and Benefit Details
• Competitive tax free salary– basic + commission (based on individual performance)
• Performance Bonus
• Limited Contract with Dubairesidence visa
• Annual leave during the summer
• Unpaid leave during the winter (at discretion of Management)
• Local medical insurance How to Apply …