Guest Relation Manager Job in Aswan, Egypt at Accor Hotels
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Guest Experience & Front Office within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policies and OSM (Operational Standards Manual), his/her responsibilities are to ensure all guests are given a personalized warm, friendly, courteous and efficient service at the Main Reception and to ensure all aspects of the department are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Strong accent is to be given to the hospitality towards the guest. This is ensured through maximum recognition and attention from arrival through departure. He/she is the “haven” for all sorts of problems that might occur to guests and therefore the first problem solver. This involves a high degree of accurate communication skills between the departments involved.
- Close co-ordination between all involved departments, e.g. Front Office, Housekeeping, Recreation as well as Food and Beverage regarding guest needs
- Manage and adhering to the Operational Standards as well as the Hotel’s internal procedures for guest treatment
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Front Office and Recreation procedures as well as with related Mövenpick Operational Standards,
- He/she recognizes arising guest problems and complaints early enough to satisfy the guest as early as possible to reach the target of “zero complaints”.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments to ensure a smooth service delivery.
- Extends personal service and attention to all guests, with particular emphasis to Club Rotana and VIP guests.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Guest Relations Officers and Club Rotana Manager and Lobby Hostesses.
- To further develop the reputation, customer loyalty and market standing of the hotel by providing a high level of customer care, assistance and recognition.
- To ensure that the Guest Relations Officers all arriving VIPs, Club Rotana Guests, FIT’s, top corporate clients and other guests having preferential status.
- To ensure that the correct arrival, check-in procedures and escorting all guests to rooms are applied.
- To ensure that on the day subsequent to arrival and day prior to departure, all guests identified as, VIP’s are contacted by a member of Guest Relations. This requirement should alter depending on the guest’s length of stay.
- To liaise closely with all departments, particularly Front Office sections, Housekeeping and Food & Beverage with regard to guest needs and amenities.
- To maintain a systematic recognition program policy in line with VIP categories to ensure that the relevant room treatments etc. are extended in line with status.
- To check all VIP rooms with treatments prior to arrival times to ensure that the correct treatments and housekeeping standards are correct.
- For guests arriving during the night, or when Guest Relations is unavailable, ensures that the correct Guest Relations meets the guest during the first complete day that the guest is in the hotel.
- Checks that the billing details are correct for VIPs prior to departure and send a copy of the bill to the guest the evening before and follow up with Shift Leaders if any corrections should be made.
- Checks the arrival list for the next day identifying current VIPs and any other potential VIPs. Ensures that a reason is in the guest profile for why the guest is a VIP.
- Ensures that all VIP profiles are correctly updated and maintained taking particular care to special needs and requirements.
- Ensures that the guest relations desk is manned to standard and is maintained to the highest level of presentation.
- Ensures that all guest relations staff maintains a high level of appearance and can professionally handle all guest inquiries with confidence, creating a positive impression of the hotel.
- Conducts performance appraisals, mid terms, probations and coaching of staff members as required, per Rotana standards.
- Conducts interviews, at the request of Department head, to screen suitable applicants for vacancies, as deemed necessary.
- Ascertains department training needs and communicate details to Assistant Front Office Manager and the Front Office Manager.
- Maintains prominent and high profile within the lobby area.
- Ensures that the lobby areas are maintained to the highest standards and that the relevant personnel are advised should any action be required.
- Maintains guest contact on a regular basis and assist in problems or further inquiries communicating with the Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager if any immediate action is required.
- To liaise closely with Club Rotana and Reception regarding all Club Rotana /VIP guests with regard to room blockings and treatments.
- To check daily the limousine report and ensure that all requests are made correctly and with enough time for the limousine company.
- To ensure that the Guest Relations section has the required information for guest inquiries with regard to tours and other city information.
- To liaise with the Sales department to ensure that sales leads are passed on and to ensure knowledge of potential new business is coordinated correctly.
- Promotes inter-hotel sales and in house facilities.
- Deals promptly, efficiently and pleasantly with incoming reservation calls, selling accommodation at the highest possible rate and communicates the reservations efficiently to the Reservations Department.
Core behaviours are our actions: what we say, what we do, and how we interact with one another. Our behaviours come from what we believe in, what we value. At Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, we call these value-based behaviours. The following statements provide indicators of the types of behaviours we expect employees in our company to display.
Trust: Operates with fairness and integrity, fostering an environment of transparency and sincerity through open and honest communication and by honouring commitments.
Relationships: We build and maintain strong connections with colleagues and guests, valuing diversity in people and perspectives whilst overcoming potential obstacles to increase cooperation and collaboration.
Drive: We are action-oriented, setting direction for self and others, clarifying goals and objectives and overcoming barriers and challenges to produce results.
Entrepreneurship: We fully understand the business and market context, identifying and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement and supporting change.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Company: Accor Hotels
Company Location: Aswan, Egypt