Global Trade Compliance Specialist Job at Flash Global
The Global Trade Compliance Specialist at Flash Global is responsible for ensuring all import and export transactions within the Flash Global Network are completed in line with all applicable government rules and regulations. This position will report to the Global Trade Compliance Manager and be based remotely, ideally in the Middle East or Africa, within the employee’s residence. After the Covid-19 situation has been resolved, travel to Flash facilities and customer sites within the region may be included.
The duties and responsabilities are:
– Maintain the harmonized tariff classification and export control classification number of multiple companies’ products across multiple countries;
– Validate received product information including product classifications, data sheets, test reports, product certification, CCATS, and/or export/import licenses required for international transactions;
– Provides procedural guidance to global operations and assist personnel in resolving import/export related issues;
– Assist with internal audits across subcontracted sites. Coordinate with other departments to monitor adherence to local regulations and record retention requirements;
– Audit subcontracted suppliers on import and export clearance performance and accuracy;
– Collaborate cross functionally on compliance matters;
– Identify compliance issues, develop and execute practical solutions and provide feedback to Global Trade Compliance management in order to minimize risk and supports Flash’s business objectives;
– Maintain Flash Logistics Export Management System.
– Previous experience in import and export regulations and restrictions in the Middle East and Africa;
– Excellent written and verbal skills English;
– Experience in moving high-tech or telecom products across borders, in compliance with local regulations;
– Experience with regulations around dual use / encrypted products is preferred;
– Knowledge and expertise in global Export Control schemes, including an understanding of global export licensing decisions based on export control classifications;
– Knowledge of product regulatory certifications for high tech products;
– Knowledge of the preparation of import/ export documents including commercial invoices, bill of lading, packing lists, certificate of origin, etc;
– Working knowledge global Customs and trade practices, trade restrictions, FCPA and anti-boycott legislation;
– Knowledge of Incoterms 2010 and 2020;
– Ability to effectively collaborate with client’s trade compliance departments as well as internal departments;
– Possess experience in the development of Corporate Work Instructions;
– Working knowledge of Export Management Systems with ability to maintain tables and business rules;
– Ability to interact and influence at all levels throughout a large, geographically dispersed company.
Company: Flash Global
Company Location: Netherlands
About Flash Global
Creating predictability, consistency and visibility into your service parts supply chain. Flash manages critical inventories and same day (2-4 hours; 90 minutes in Japan), NBD, 2nd day; 3rd day; scheduled replenishments; and NFO deliveries. Flash offers a full suite of flexible and innovative solutions including: flexible DCs, transport management; global trade compliance (IOR/EOR) solutions and reverse logistics—all supported by Flash’s leading critical parts system, FlashTrac and solution engineers who understand complex, critical-parts supply chain challenges and best-in-class benchmarks required for success.