Fragrances Perfumery Lab Assistant – 5 Months leave cover contract Job in Dubai, UAE at Givaudan Suisse SA (Dubai Branch)
Temporary Creative Fragrances Perfumery Lab Assistant – 5 Months leave cover contract
A Lab Assistant for our fabulous Creative Fragrances Perfumery Lab in Dubai, and providing essential support for both our Fine Fragrances and Fragrances Consumer Products development teams in the Middle East & North Africa region – Your future position?
Fragrance is at the heart of Givaudan. We have a rich history of creating Fragrances that strike an emotional chord with consumers. We are inspired by our rich heritage and our contribution to defining the evolution of the trends over time. We create scents that shape people’s lives.
Our Creative Fragrances Perfumery Lab in Dubai provides critical lab and analytical support for our Creative Fragrances Development teams for Consumer Products & Fine Fragrances to provide amazing Fragrance options for our customers in the Middle East and North Africa region. We are now hiring for yet another ‘Lab Assistant’ for our Creative Fragrances Perfumery Lab in the Dubai Creative Centre, with a start date in the first week of January 2021 to serve as a leave cover for some of the team members and ensure continuity of support for our projects. This is a full-time role with us on a contract for 5 months working 5 days a week.
Based in our Dubai Media City office and reporting to the Lab Team Leader, you will perform daily lab operations and support the Perfumers with compounding trial oils, to secure availability of samples for evaluation and testing, and according to business needs and EH&S (Environment, Health, and Safety) policies. The role offers excellent opportunities for both personal and professional development.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. Our passion for our customers and their brands brings a new dimension to our Business to Business industry. You will work for the market leader that is at the forefront of innovation in an industry of emotions. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in the region have local, regional, and international profiles, which brings diversity and curiosity to our day to day job.
This could well be your perfect opportunity if you have a real passion for the world of Fragrances and Perfumes, always aims to exceed customer needs and provide value.
As a Creative Fragrances Perfumery Lab Assistant, you will manage:
• Perform the entire compounding process (blending fragrance ingredients according to the formulas provided).
• Perform the sampling process – compounding, mixing, packaging, cleaning or any other tasks which may arise from time to time. efficiently and cost-effectively.
• Perform independently, preparation of dilutions and standard references plus repacking of certain raw materials.
Raw material olfactive checks:
• Identify differences in colour and odour for specific raw materials.
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S):
• Promote strict compliance with all the safety norms, practices, and EH&S policies.
• Understand the hazards and risk in the responsible area.
• Ensure maintenance of equipment’s, a safe work culture, and good housekeeping practices for neat and tidy maintenance of the laboratory and safe handling of chemicals and raw materials.
Laboratory Compounding Management System (LCMS):
• Managing the information received from the LCMS to receive formulas from Perfumers, interpret them, and proceed for compounding.
Raw material inventory management:
• Manage the information available from the SAP system to manage raw material inventories – making sure that we have enough stock for each raw materials for all the work stations, and removing raw materials when they are near to their expiry date or when a particular batch is compromised in quality.
• Manage customer base and internal base inventories.
Company: Givaudan Suisse SA (Dubai Branch)
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: FMCG; Chemicals Manufacture; Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacture