Financial Controller- Dubai Regional Office (UAE Nationals only) Jobs in Dubai at CMA CGM
Title: Financial Controller- Dubai Regional Office (UAE Nationals only)
Company: CMA CGM
Led by Rodolphe Saadé, the CMA CGM Group, a global leader in shipping and logistics, serves more than 420 ports around the world on five continents. With its subsidiary, CEVA Logistics, a world leader in logistics, and its air freight division CMA CGM AIR CARGO, the CMA CGM Group is continually innovating to offer its customers a complete and increasingly efficient range of new shipping, land, air, and logistics solutions.
Committed to the energy transition in shipping, and a pioneer in the use of alternative fuels, the CMA CGM Group has set a target to become Net Zero Carbon by 2050.
Through the CMA CGM Foundation, the Group acts in humanitarian crises that require an emergency response by mobilizing the Group’s shipping and logistics expertise to bring humanitarian supplies around the world.
Present in 160 countries through its network of more than 400 offices and 750 warehouses, the Group employs more than 150,000 people worldwide, including 2,900 in Marseilles where its head office is located.
You are part of the Dubai regional Office, covering 43 countries from East Africa to India, including the Middle East and Central Asia.
MISSION AND RESPONSABILITIES
You are in charge of a portfolio of subsidiaries and report to the CFO of the Region.
You are responsible for the quality of financial information produced by the network and more specifically for ensuring compliance with regulations, analyzing financial data, overseeing accounting operations, coordinating external audit missions, and ensuring the accuracy of financial information.
– You perform monthly reviews of the main balance sheet aggregates, Profit & Loss Statement, and cash flow statements and summarize the main risks (tax, forex, other non-recurring events)
– You are responsible for the proper and punctual delivery of the reporting (treasury, consolidation, tax…)
– You ensure external audit reports are issued on time as per group and local requirements
– You perform specific analysis requested by head office or region directions.
– You are the point of contact for any legal corporate request such as account approvals, dividend distribution, capital restructuration…
– You support the local teams (IFRS, accounting treatment of acquisition/ merger, … )
Strategy & Business partnering
– You monitor the project initiatives in the region: development, restructuring, funding, IT projects, transformation
– You support and monitor the group and local initiatives on cost efficiency,
– You perform monthly testing to ensure the correct application of internal control key control as per Group Internal Control instructions and follow-up corrective actions are implemented in case of deficiency identified
– You follow up on internal audit recommendations and ensure any deficiency identified is handled locally
– You ensure that financials are prepared in line with the Group policies and local regulations.
– You implement in the local organizations the target operating model and ensure that all organizations in the region are in line with group objectives
– You are responsible for the efficiency of the finance team in the network
Cash and working capital management
– You are responsible for effective cash and working capital management in the region
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
You have a postgraduate degree (5/6 years) in Finance with an accounting background and idea…