Finance Controller Job in Sharjah, UAE at Confidential Company
Looking for a Financial Controller for a 5 star hotel in UAE.
Should have managerial experience in Hotel accounting (star hotel).
The Controller will be responsible for the strategic initiatives of the Accounting Department tied to business expansion, growth, and the necessary cultural evolution to support both. The function should be supportive, proactive, analytical and entrepreneurial; creating memorable moments for our guests, fostering an empowered environment for the team whilst working closely with all key business partners in order to achieve quality results. The job incumbent acts as an ambassador for the brand, reflecting the company culture and values. All work is carried out in accordance with company corporate policies, procedures and service concepts according to local requirements and regulations.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of the accounting department, exerting diligent financial process control in accordance with company and business procedures, ensuring efficiency and resilience to growth.
- Working proactively with all key stakeholders to maximize guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution.
- Develops and implements business strategies where objectives are communicated at all levels, performance is measured accurately and reported upon in a timely manner to support strategic decisions to enable delivery.
- Effectively manages the life cycle of the team within the department, fostering a culture of growth, development and performance whilst reflecting and promoting the company culture and values.
- Prepares and is responsible for the hotel budget and profit & loss performance, ensuring that all accounting functions and disciplines are controlled, audited and developed whilst ensuring productivity and efficiencies levels are attained
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with all key stakeholders and partners both internal and external ensuring all communications and activities are controlled and undertaken in a timely manner.
- Reviews and scrutinizes business performance, in accordance with company policy, objectives and standard accounting practices, providing recommendations that will drive financial performance and provide added value.
- Ensures adherence to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required
Competencies & skills requirements
- Proven experience in a senior accounts position, ideally within a hotel or the hospitality sector with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Commitment to exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering advice and recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Outstanding analytical and strategic skills improving the business from a financial perspective
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively across functions and cultures in a global environment
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software, especially strong in Excel
- An open, positive and communicative personality
- Ability to handle multiple challenging priorities and assignments
Job requirements and qualifications
- National academic qualifications Degree in Finance preferably
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Accounting
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Job Location
- Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Hospitality & Accomodation
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- United Arab Emirates
Company: Confidential Company
Company Location: Sharjah, UAE
Job Category: Hospitality & Accomodation