Estimation Engineer (Mechanical) / Oil & Gas Job in Al Kuwait, Kuwait at Combined Group Contracting Company (K.S.C.C)
Main Purpose of Job:
To review draft tender and project documents to assist in the preparation of technical and commercial bids for Company projects.
- To review draft tender documents to ensure all systems and components of the tender are included.
- To prepare tender documentation queries to consultants/clients to confirm and collect any missing data including; shipping costs, insurance, and any regional requirements.
- To prepare reports and supporting documents to submit to Proposal Coordinator to identify areas requiring more information to ensure the Company is positioned to win and secure bids.
- To develop tender cost summaries including equipment, materials and labor calculations for final approval.
- To interpret & review system drawings to identify any difference to tender requirements and raise queries against specification.
- To review and generate Bill of Quantity against system drawings to ensure alignment and to identify materials types & quantities and prepare equipment lists and rough drawings for cost estimation.
- To interpret and follow Company tendering processes and procedures to ensure all aspects of tenders are met including relevant discipline codes and standards.
- To prepare specification documents to submit to vendors for quotations of cost/price of materials and equipment and evaluate same against tender specifications to include in final tender documentation.
- To build relationships and liaise with internal customers and external suppliers and vendors and manage daily correspondence for quantities, costs and specifications.
Qualification and years of experience:
- Degree in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation)
- 5 to 6 years related work experience as a Discipline Engineer or Trades Person, Project management, Materials costing and purchasing, Tendering and specification for projects.
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Knowledge in Tendering procedures
- Knowledge in General PC applications
- Knowledge in Preparing reports and records
- Knowledge in Data analysis and tender review
- Drawing interpretation and sketches
- Communication and interpersonal Skills.
- Knowledge in Materials Costs and quantities
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas; Construction & Building
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4 Max: 6
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation
Company: Combined Group Contracting Company (K.S.C.C)
Company Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
Job Category: Oil & Gas; Construction & Building