Electrical Engineer Job in Muscat, Oman at Worley Parsons
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
The primary purpose of this role is to drive and deliver safe and sustainable electrical engineering design for brownfield upgrade projects as well as green filed design project. Your responsibilities including but not limited to
- Delivery of HV & LV electrical designs including Concept , FEED and detailed design brownfield upgrade scope as well as green filed as per client requirements.
- Power systems modelling (ETAP / DIgSILENT) for the purpose of power system analysis of brownfield upgrades or green filed studies, as-building data, protection setting coordination and arc flash analysis.
- Interface with other peers, engineering disciplines and Workshare team to ensure delivery of high quality deliverables and that overall project goals are met.
- Ensure that the project and any changes to the project comply with:
- Worley systems, policies, processes, procedures and standards;
- Client standards/requirements, applicable statutory and regulatory requirements; and
- the project scope of work.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors, clients and other Worley personnel within the discipline; build relationships to grow the business and networks within Worley.
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of Worley design systems, processes, practices and procedures.
- Prepare documentation for and participate in project design reviews, HAZIDs/HAZOPs/SAFOP and safety in design workshops as required.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the project stakeholders/team including the Workshare team, Lead Engineer/Designer and Project Managers on design progress, budget, technical matters, and resource planning.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate and innovative solutions. Ask for assistance if required.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Highly effective self-management skills including the ability to plan, set goals, manage time, set priorities, be accountable and deliver within schedule and budget.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- Strong analytical report writing skills with clear, structured and concise communication. Proven skills in developing technical reports, scope of work, specifications, plans, technical memorandums and technical queries.
- A recognised Bachelor qualification in Electrical / Power Engineering with 8 to 10 years relevant experience post graduation.
- Experience in brownfield and green field capital projects
- Experience across all phases of engineering projects from order of magnitude, feasibility/conceptual studies through to detailed design and execution (highly preferable)
- Hazardous Area Accreditation (highly preferable)
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or on path to completion
- Very good understanding and experience in:
- Brownfield interfacing
- HV and LV systems
- Electrical calculations required for design
- System studies, protection, earthing, arc flash, lightning
- Design drawings such as SLDs, schematics, terminations, schedules
- Control system interfacing and instrumentation
- Equipment inspections, witnessing FATs, SATs
- Preparing ITPs, MTOs, datasheets, specifications, construction methodologies, philosophy documents, procurement and construction scope of works
- Input into electrical estimates and execution schedules
- Shutdown planning
- Site experience such as scoping solutions, condition assessments, punch listing, construction and commissioning (preferable)
- Excel, Access, Word and other common Microsoft office tools.
- ETAP / DIgSILENT proficiency .
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
- Job Location
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Industry
- Other Business Support Services
- Company Type
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Worley Parsons
Company Location: Muscat, Oman