Driver SC2 (Roster) Job in Yerevan, Armenia at World Food Programme
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTOne of the main objectives of the World Food Programme in Armenia for 2019-2024 (Armenia Country Strategic Plan) is to facilitate a sustainable handover of a comprehensive nutrition-sensitive school meals programme embedded in the national social protection system by 2023 and support the development of policies and systems. To achieve its goals WFP will implement home-grown school feeding, infrastructure rehabilitation and re-equipment of schools’ kitchen, cafeteria and storage facilities and strengthen the national capacity. Furthermore, complimentary activities such as the implementation of local procurement for school meals, and other initiatives will be further developed and piloted to enhance the overall quality of the programme and have a greater impact on the community. Based on operational needs, the Country Office identifies the need for hiring a driver who will drive WFP staff for daily and overnight field visits throughout Armenia and outside the country when/if necessary.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of the Administration Associate, the incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to Armenian, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorized destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorizations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
- Perform other related duties if required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation:Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license (B,C)/certification to operate assigned vehicles following local rules and regulations. Experience:At least four years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable. Knowledge & Skills:• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and security issues. • Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters. • Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment. • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods. • Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications. • Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs. • Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility.
Language: Fluency in English and Armenian languages. Intermediate knowledge of Russian is desired.DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- UN safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Local rules and regulations on road safety are followed.
- No incident is caused by the fault of the driver. All incidents are tmely reported, if occurred.
- Vehicles are kept clean and operational.
- Day-to-day efficient maintenance of the assigned vehicle is ensured.
- Job Location
- Yerevan, Armenia
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Job Category: Non-profit Organization