Director, Global Sales & Development Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Title: Director, Global Sales & Development
Company: Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Location: Dubai – UAE
Category: Sales, Marketing/PR
GENERAL SUMMARYThis is a hybrid role to drive strategic Sales function for the region, alongside Business Development.
The Director, Global Sales in the Middle East is required to give strategic direction to help drive outbound sales efforts from the region as well as collaborate with the Regional Director / Area Managing Director and Revenue Account Director, to maximize revenue generation capacity of the region.
Additionally as Director, Development the resource is responsible for Preferred Hotel Group’s profitability from business development and relationship management within the assigned region/client list. The primary responsibility for this position is to develop new relationships and consistently engage and retain by managing existing relationships under all brands of Preferred Hotel Group, Inc., including but not limited to, Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Beyond Green and PHG Consulting.
The role also entails working with internal PHG teams to optimize and enhance hotel/partner and PHR profitability through all managed reservation channels.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPUnder general supervision of the Area Managing Director SAMEA and Vice President, Leisure Sales Europe, the Director, Global Sales & Development – Middle East works with other senior leadership in the region including Revenue, Sales, Marketing, PR and Finance colleagues to maximize on business opportunities and regional operating profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESGLOBAL SALES
• Drive the Sales strategy for Middle East region
• Establish and manage business relationships with key Leisure Agents, Corporate Travel Buyers and TMCs in the region to retain existing and gain incremental production for Member Hotels through PHR channels
• Develop and maintain relationships with key Group Buyers and Strategic Partners in the region at the direction of the VP of Group Sales
• Plan, organize, execute and participate in key Middle East Roadshows, Tradeshows, Client Events for Leisure, Corporate and Group/MICE market segments
• Identify and participate in major travel trade fairs in UAE and ME Region like ATM, ILTM Arabia, etc.
MEMBER HOTEL – SALES RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
• Work in close collaboration with Global Sales & Marketing teams to ensure effective support is provided to all PHR & BG hotels and PHG Consulting clients within the region.✓ Drive the Leisure Strategy to support global portfolio of PH&R from a Middle East outbound business standpoint.✓ Execute end to end RFP process for relevant Member Hotels in the region, from STAR process to RFP closures on Cvent Business Transient and finally Rate Loading & Mapping✓ Work with PHR Group Sales Team to drive leads into regional Member Hotels by providing them with MICE specific presentations, sharing regular updates and special offers on behest of Member Hotels in the region
• Execute new member hotel Training & Orientation on the Sales function including Global & Group Sales (Preferred
Net, iBid, Cvent Business Transient (formerly Lanyon), etc.)
• Work closely with AMD/RD and collaborate with Vice President, Hotel Revenue Optimization to optimize production for Member Hotels in the region, with an objective to also ensure share-shift to PHR Member Hotels.
• Provide the first point of contact and facilitate all communication with PHR, BG & PHG Consulting for member hotels/partners/clients in the region. Identify key decision makers and influencers in order to build strong bus…