Dean- College of Health and Science Jobs in Abu Dhabi at Confidential
Title: Dean- College of Health and Science
Location: Abu Dhabi
A well Established College in UAE is looking for a Dean – College of Health and Sciences.
The Dean provides strategic and operational leadership for the College of Health Sciences. The Dean develops structures and hires faculty and staff worthy of the College to deliver the College’s provision and to plan for growth while establishing the highest standards of academic quality and clinical skills. The Dean secures professional body accreditations at national and international levels, enhances collaborations with world-class higher education institutions, and establishes clinical partnerships to further both teaching and research. The Dean establishes laboratory facilities for clinical teaching and research and develops models for their efficient use, including by students and colleagues from other Colleges of the University. Under the Dean’s leadership, the College contributes to the enhancement of the College’s reputation for teaching, research, industry engagement, and employability. With students at the heart of what we do, the Dean constantly strives to enhance student success in education and employment, provide opportunities for them to excel in curricular and extra-curricular activities, and create partnerships to enable first-class training in clinical skills.
The Dean is a senior leader in the College and a key member of the Provost’s leadership team. A senior clinically qualified academic, the Dean enjoys stature as the academic and clinical leader on a par with international partners and of academic and professional accrediting bodies.
Leadership & Management
·Lead the development, growth, and sustainability of the College of Health Sciences through relevant, attractive, and financially viable teaching programs.
· Develop strong relationships with national and regional healthcare planners, commissioners, providers, professional bodies, and health professions accreditors to ensure that our teaching and research are aligned with professional standards and that our graduates are sought after by employers.
· Personally and through College faculty, establish and strengthen links with relevant regulatory authorities, governmental bodies, hospitals, primary care providers, and other stakeholders to ensure that our taught programs and research impact and respond to national and regional health care and professional health workforce priorities.
Develop and implement best practices in laboratory provision and use, pedagogy, assessment, quality enhancement, professional ethics, and clinical skills development.
· Be committed continually to improving student success (as measured by student engagement and satisfaction, retention, completions, GPA, and employability) at the College level and to contribute to such efforts across the University.
· Ensure that the College engages in research that addresses national and regional challenges and contributes to teaching, pedagogic, and clinical skills development.
· Lead in the recruitment and selection of highly qualified faculty and staff, ensure effective leadership and development, and manage faculty and staff workloads, performance evaluations, and promotions.
· Ensure that relations with accreditors (the CAA, WASC, ADEK, KHDA, and health care professional bodies) are developed and enhanced, that requirements for accreditations are met, and that new accreditations are secured where these would enhance program reputation and improve student employability.