Deals, Strategy – Healthcare – Manager Job at PricewaterhouseCoopers
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
DSO – Healthcare Strategy Overview
Our Healthcare Strategy team offers strategic advice to a broad range of stakeholders – healthcare operators, pharmaceuticals and life sciences organizations, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks, funds, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. We deliver deep strategic, commercial and operational insights to help clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We advise our clients on critical operational and transformational challenges, and evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a business’ commercial and operational outlook. Our main focus is to deliver top strategy-led solutions to our clients.
As a Manager within the DSO – Healthcare Strategy team, your responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time, while leading a team of 3-4 consultants
• Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, defining realistic expectations for the client, team, and PwC
• Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis and other stakeholders
• Structuring and ensuring the development of written reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
• Managing client expectations and ensuring that the scope of work, as agreed upon within the contract, is completed to PwC’s standards of excellence
• Managing project budget, reporting on project costs, and managing payment collection
• Support in driving the business development agenda in a focused industry, including leading pitches and proposal work
• Contributing to the wider business unit through knowledge sharing, recruitment, mentoring, training and other activities
• Years of Experience:Minimum of5 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, or working in an environment where the same skills have been developed. Experience in the Pharmaceuticals industry (Big Pharma or Generics), and Healthcare enterprises will be a plus
• Previous experience of leading teams and delivering projects through to completion
• Proven experience of coaching junior team members
• Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.7/4 CGPA)
• MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
• Evidence of contributing to a wider team and leading on business development opportunities
• The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both, internally with senior management, and externally with our clients
• Strong time management and organizing skills; having the ability to prioritise workload across team members while being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Technical skills including but not limited to: financial modelling, report structuring and delivery
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
• Language Skills: Fluent in English. Multilingual/Arabic is a plus.
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.