Database Administrator Job in Doha, Qatar at Midis Group
Job ObjectiveLooking for an ERP database Administrator responsible for maintenance and support of databases within the Company, including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and other open-source databases; providing defined availability for all hosted products and database infrastructure based on the criticality of the Business application.
- Experience in RAC and ASM administration
- Managing 19c/18c/12c database and MS SQL server 2019 and previous versions.
- Database Upgrade, Patching and securing the database.
- Install, maintain and upgrade ERP and business applications
Job Description/ Job Responsibilities
- Undertaking installations, upgrades, migrations, and patch management of databases and applications. Administration of System Management procedures and standards.
- The role includes timely upgrades, regular patching activities, pro-active and re-active performance analysis, monitoring, database security, troubleshooting and resolution of issues that includes liaising with database vendors
- Maintaining the availability of database instances based on defined Tier / SLA. Maintain the database security and prevent unauthorized access to the databases in compliance with IT security policy.
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Database as a Service.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing security measures to safeguard databases and applications.
- Project experience in integrating EBS, Oracle Retail, Payment solution and CRM.
- Identify problems and suggest solutions and escalate to vendors (e.g. Oracle Support).
- Plan and setup DR site for ERP and other critical applications.
- Ensured that all production databases are running efficiently 24/7.
- . Bachelors, Engineering or Masters In Computers Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of job-related experience as a Database Analyst.
- Hands-on experience on database migration projects.
- Good knowledge of Oracle RAC, ASM, Load balancing, multi-node setup, cloning, data guard, and cloud platform.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) 12c.
- Oracle Database 12c: RAC Administration.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator.
Job Specific Skills:· Oracle RAC· Oracle ASM· Oracle Dataguard· Database Administration 12c/18c/19c· SQL Database Administration· Experience in the downstream industry· Problem-solving skills· Communication skills· Teamwork skills
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- IT Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Bachelors, Engineering or Masters In Computers Science or equivalent.
Company: Midis Group
Company Location: Doha, Qatar
Job Category: IT Services