CONTRACTS MANAGER Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at Parsons International Limited
Job ResponsibilitiesPlay a leading and pivotal role in supporting the project executives, leaders and project managers in monitoring and controlling the performance of contracted services to ensure services are effective, meet statutory requirements and deliver the desired outcomes.Manage Contract Administration Team.Coordinate all matters regarding contract administration, claims, disputes, contract interpretation and cost analysis.Develop, implement and manage systems and procedures for the monitoring of external and internal contracts to ensure that contractual compliance issues are resolved both timely and effectively.Make knowledgeable recommendations regarding contract procurement and types of underlying contracts and agreements.Lead the continuous improvement of commercial processes through refining contract formulation activities, systems and procedures.Identify potential claims, checking for compliance with applicable contractual terms and ensuring effective negotiation and settlement of claims.Prepare claims to effectively negotiate with contractors, including the calculation of losses incurred through defaults on contractual obligations. Formulate suggestions to remedy failure to meet contractual obligations.Oversee financial budget to ensure the cost-effectiveness and value for money of contracts.Responsible for all financial contract management activities including the review and the approval of payment certificates, invoicing from subcontractors and to the client.Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Request for Proposals (RFP) and other legal or contractual documents.Collaborate with colleagues across organizational lines to obtain and communicate business information necessary for the PMO to more effectively monitor the status of the project.All other duties as assigned.
RequirementsEducation: A Bachelor degree in a subject related to Business, Law or ConstructionExperience:
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience (post qualification) on infrastructure project experience.
- Recent experience in a senior contracts administration role either managing a contracts administration/claims team or quantity surveying team handling major contractual disputes.
- Experience with a contractor at a management level or with an engineering consultant or claims consultancy providing consultancy advice on contracts, procurement and disputes as well as expert witness work.
- Proven track record in all stages of the project life cycle from contractual frameworks to cost estimation to site management and cost management through to contract administration and disputes.
- Ability to guide staff, critique and challenge objectively and with confidence.
- KSA Government Procurement Law contract knowledge
- Experience developing successful relationships at a senior level
- Direct experience interfacing with executive management
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to work independently and under pressure, while using good judgment, when making Program related decisions that drive project delivery forward.
- Possess the exceptional interpersonal skills required to productively collaborate, negotiate, reach consensus and finalize project decisions.
- Commitment to excellence and possessing high expectations for the position, the PMO and the entire client program.
- Ability to maneuver in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment.
- Ability to comfortably and knowledgably manage throughout all phases of the Program including planning, procurement, design, and construction phases.
- Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with Contract Administration.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Job Location
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
subject related to Business, Law or Construction
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy