Consultant – Intensivist (استشاري مكثف) Job in Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia at Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Responsible for the clinical care of critically ill patients admitted to ICU according to generally accepted standards.
- To communicate and cooperate with other medical staff and colleagues who have patients in ICU or wish to discuss other pertinent medical problems regarding patients in other areas of the hospital.
- To be in charge specifically of ventilator, circulatory fluid and nutritional therapy concerning the patients in ICU.
- To participate in the evaluation of the patients who are possible candidates for ICU either as transfer from outside or within our hospital.
- Participates in the administrative organization of the ICU under the direction of the director of department and the Consultant in Charge of ICU, and takes part in the development of its rules and regulations, the standards of care and maintenance if its equipment (in conjunction with the Bio-engineering Department).
- Carries out reviews and investigations on drugs, equipments. Physiological and pharmacological matters relevant to Intensive Care, provides and/or takes part in advisory service to the hospital.
- Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the director of department/head of division and the Consultant in Charge of ICU in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
- Participates in the forward planning, and further development of the department/division and the ICU.
- Serves on hospital committee as requested.
- Participates and/or actively supports approved research projects.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
- Job Location
- Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Public Administration
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Company Location: Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Public Administration