Construction Manager – Public Realm / Landscape Job in Abu Dhabi, UAE at Parsons International Limited
Construction Manager – Public Realm / Landscape
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
The Construction Manager is responsible for exercising technical expertise in the construction engineering of a world class promenade with 65,000 sq meters of water front hard and soft landscaping. The primary feature of the project is the installation of a cycleway that provides cyclist circulation around the entirety of the islands. The design includes a public park with playgrounds, courts, water features and others.
• Undertakes responsibility for overseeing the construction supervision activities of the design consultant and management of construction project.
• Serves as the onsite representative for the management and inspection of contractor construction activities, coordination of construction with operations and tenants, determination of appropriate contractor progress payments, processing and negotiation of changes to the work and claims, and control of contract documentation including submittal and letter processing, monitoring and reporting progress.
• Supervises construction staff.
• Coordinates among supervision consultant, contractors, design personnel, and others.
• Coordinates the resolution of construction problems.
• Participates in procurement / tender evaluations.
• Supervises the preparation of construction procedures.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
• 10-15 years of relevant experience in construction supervision of waterfront, landscape, promenade, urban and public realm developments.
• Significant experience in UAE or GCC region in handling consultancy, project management, construction supervision contracts.
• Excellent written, oral communication skills, and presentation skills.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Business Consultancy Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Civil Engineering
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10 Max: 20
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Category: Business Consultancy Services