Confidential Req-Assurance TC-Assistant Manager 1 Job in Kolkata, India at Ernst & Young
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Talent Consultant, Assistant Manager
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career experience as a Talent Consultant in a high-growth organization, we have a role here. At EY GDS we value wellbeing, curiosity and agility as an individual. We create teams of inspiring, teaming and belonging. We care for our business, society and client. Our purpose is building a better working world. Does that resonate with you? We look forward to working with you.
You will be a key point of contact with business unit leadership on various people engagement related matters. In this role you will build deep understanding of both the business direction and talent related topics to ensure successful implementation of key, high-touch people process and initiatives. You will also partner closely with the other Talent Center of Excellence within the talent function to ensure seamless execution of talent initiatives across the business unit.
Your key responsibilities
- Serves as a point of contact for leaders and employees within the business unit
- Drive HR activities for the business units (new initiatives, policies & strategies)
- Lead the implementation of engagement initiatives like town halls, and other quarterly meetings
- Work closely with the business unit leads and counsellors on career planning and people development strategies
- Drive attrition analysis for the business and call out any trends through which recommendations can be made to the business to support retention
- Ensure resolution of HR related issues and handle these effectively within the given timeline, involving the Employee Relation Talent function where required or expected
- Accountable for supporting people strategy initiatives and providing development opportunities to build skills and knowledge
- Ensure that all necessary people management and development activity required to support the business is delivered in a timely and professional manner
- Responsible for day to day HR activities and perform them with the right quality as per communicated standards
- Support the development and execution of innovative HR programs
- Facilitate change and support the implementation and successful adoption of special projects and initiatives in the business, for example, Performance Management, Talent transformation, Talent Development and Reward exercises
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong employee relations experience from handling complex disciplinary, grievance and performance management activities
- Experience of making contribution to business decision making, strategic planning discussions and operational planning events
- Ability to engage and influence others, with good change management skills and a desire to act as a change agent
- Develop/coach other team members
- Work closely with business leaders and managers to co-develop solutions to meet their business needs
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Graduate. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Resource discipline is desirable.
- 6 -8 years of proven HR generalist experience (e.g. performance management, employee relations)
- Relevant working experience in delivering / managing talent initiatives
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a consulting organization or in a similar professional services environment
- Comfortable working with data and preparation of summaries/storyboards is preferred
What we look for
- Working collaboratively in a team environment
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with desire and passion
- Open to working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Company: Ernst & Young
Company Location: Kolkata, India