Complex Director of Recreation Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Marriott Hotels
Title: Complex Director of Recreation
Company: Marriott Hotels
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Posting Date May 02, 2021
Job Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Waterpark, Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAPBrand Le Méridien
Schedule Full-TimeRelocation? NPosition Type Management
Located Remotely? NAt Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team.
If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien. JOB SUMMARY To lead the Mina Seyahi Recreation Department in all aspects of the pool & beach areas, memberships and fitness operations. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Position works with direct reports to carry out departmental strategies. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests. Responsible for employee satisfaction and conducting administrative activities to ensure employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner for Recreation teams. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while meeting financial goals.
Educationand Experience Extensive experience in managing a large team of Recreation, including Pool & Beach, Kids Club, Lifeguards, Fitness, Watersports and Memberships in a 5 star hotel environment for multiple years, preferably with experience in the United Arab Emirates. Relevant qualification in Health, Fitness and Watersports is required. Strong financial and business acument required. Bachelor Degree or similar preferred. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Directing Recreation Operations
• Supervising and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
• Monitoring quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Managing outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
• Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Developing and managing the children’s program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Managing group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
• Managing …